Join our zoo community

San Diego Zoo Safari Park New tiger trails

Discussion in 'United States' started by kiang, 1 Dec 2008.

1. betsy

betsy Well-Known Member 10+ year member Premium Member

Uploaded pictures to the gallery.

2. Shellheart

Shellheart Well-Known Member 10+ year member

It looks amazing,I can't wait to get down there sometime soon. :) Now that Tiger Trails is done,does anyone have any idea what the park's next project is?

3. Buldeo

Buldeo Well-Known Member

Counting all of their filthy lucre? :D

If I had to make a request, it would be to finally give their gorillas a new and proper home. With the amount of space the WAP has -- and the money that gets poured into the SDZS -- they should be able to put something together to rival the Bronx Zoo's Congo Gorilla Forest. The old exhibit space could be rehabbed for other, smaller primates not featured in zoos.

4. Otter Lord

Otter Lord Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I believe the Bronx already has a great rival in the making down in Houston. That'll be a quite the exhibit when all its pieces have come together.

A new gorilla exhibit would be great for the Park, but I think the whole Tiger Trail is a good spring board to more exhibits in the area. After all, the trail just ends and you have to return back. That was the case with Heart of Africa before Lion Camp and the Tram. They certainly have a lot of space down by the tigers too.

On topic, the new exhibit looks great. I have not been able to visit due to strange travel, but from the photos it looks a lot better than the recent exhibits at the zoo. The longhouse looks very genuine.

5. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Well sort of. Is there not a continuation at the end to go up to Condor Ridge?