Join our zoo community

New to ZooChat

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Brittney Amp, 10 Nov 2016.

1. Brittney Amp

Brittney Amp New Member

I'm Brittney and I'm new to Zoochat! I have read a lot of forums on here that are so interesting and made me think about many things I've never thought of before.I am from New Zealand and I hope to open my own conservation center/ zoo one day somewhere else in the world. I have already learnt so much from here and I am so excited to be apart of this community!

2. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Glad to have you. Just curious why you want to open your facility somewhere else and not your home country?

3. nicholas

nicholas Well-Known Member

Welcome! I wondering the same as Arizona Docent.

4. Brittney Amp

Brittney Amp New Member

We already have a zoo in every major city and I have always wanted to live overseas. I also just feel that NZ doesn't really have the space for a conservation center or the population for it to be successful as it would have to located where there is enough land etc. There was a conservation park for big cats and it was my inspiration as a child but they didn't go very well and had to shut down which was sad.

5. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Hello Brittney Amp, also from the Netherlands welcome to ZooChat !

6. ZooBoyNZ

ZooBoyNZ Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome to ZooChat Brittney Amp! I am also from New Zealand; it will be great to have you here on the forums. :) By any chance is the big cat park you were referring to Zion Wildlife Gardens? Or as it is known now, Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary?

7. Brittney Amp

Brittney Amp New Member

Yea I was talking about Zion Wildlife Gardens. I didn't realize they were back open to the public again. I have never been there myself but I have always wanted to go but then they closed to the public for a while after an incident I believe.

8. ZooBoyNZ

ZooBoyNZ Well-Known Member 5+ year member

It's not reopen to public just yet, they are still working on it and a reopening date hasn't been announced yet. It's just been renamed to Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary as far as I'm aware.