Join our zoo community

New To ZooChat

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sarus Crane, 11 May 2017.

1. Sarus Crane

Sarus Crane Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to ZooChat. I joined a couple weeks ago. I really enjoy visiting zoos and wildlife parks, but also natural history museums as well. My favorite types of mammals are megafauna (elephants, rhinos, hippos) but am also a big fan of the ungulates, especially the Tragelaphines and wild cattle. As for primates, I really like the Papionini (excluding the macaques) and orangutans as well. As for birds my favorites are the Palaeognathae, Ciconiiformes, Pelecaniformes, Gruidae and of course the Phoenicopteriformes! I also like reptiles & amphibians and some of my favorites include the Ceratophryidae, Hylidae, Gekkonidae and the Dactyloidae.

I'm very interested in zoo history, zoo architecture, as well as exhibition design and animal husbandry. I do a lot of digital photography and often use Photoshop to edit my photos. One of my digital photography hobbies is creating panoramas of landscapes, zoo enclosures and other interesting places. It's great to meet everyone and I'm glad that I joined the site.

Birdsage and Arizona Docent like this.
  2. aardvark250

aardvark250 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Hi! Welcome to zoochat!I am sure you will love to be here!

3. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Well based on your description you have certainly found the right place. I think a lot of members would be especially interested in seeing your enclosure panoramas.

4. jayjds2

jayjds2 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

We've already interacted, but welcome. :)