Join our zoo community

New website about french zoos history

Discussion in 'Websites about Zoos & Animal Conservation' started by Maxime, 8 Jun 2011.

1. Maxime

Maxime Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Hello !
    I helped one of my friends to create a brand new website on the theme of postcards from French zoo. In the 'Hier' (Yesterday) section you will discover hundreds of cards from the years 1900 to 2000 for many zoos in our country, categorized by department.
    The "Aujourd'hui" (Today) section is still under construction but when it is finished you will see the current photos of the zoos (2010s) to see the changes (new exhibits, etc. ...)
    Happy reading on Zoovenirs - Archives de cartes postales, photos personnelles et prospectus de parcs zoologiques

2. Tim May

Tim May Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

Congratulations on a very well-designed website.

However, as an enthusiastic collector of old postcards from the Jardin des Plantes Menagerie, I was rather surprised and somewhat disappointed that there are no postcards from there on your website. I hope that you’ll be adding some soon.

3. Maxime

Yes, the website is still under construction. The postcards from la Ménagerie will come in next days ;)

4. Maxime

New ! More than 500 new postcards have been added ! And 207 of them are for La Ménagerie du Jardin des Plantes de Paris. Enjoy (Page 5, Number 75) : HIER

5. Tim May

Tim May Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

Excellent; thank you.

It was very interesting to see the Jardin des Plantes Menagerie postcards, a few of which were completely new to me.

6. fofo

fofo Member

Because this was great thank you:)

7. Antoine

Antoine Well-Known Member 10+ year member

The creator of this website has now create a small magazine where he shows some pictures and various documents/pictures about french zoos.
    In this first number, you will have articles on :
    - manatees in Beauval,
    - ibis species in french zoos,
    - old postcards about Besançon,
    - history of his zoos visits with the now closed Zoo de Romainville
    - cohabitation of meerkats, bat-eared fox and aardvarks in Doué,
    - addax in french zoos,
    - documents of the past Zoo de Pessac (before 2003) with presence of two species of duikers for exemple.
    Of course, all texts are in french but you can just see some great pictures and documents.

The link : http://www.zoovenirs.fr/jscripts/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=96110

And the Facebook page : Face aux zoovenirsFace aux zoovenirs