Join our zoo community

new zoo proposal for Minto Heights, NSW

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Chlidonias, 29 May 2016.

1. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

Zoo and wildlife park proposed for*Minto Heights | Campbelltown-Macarthur Advertiser

For anyone outside the country, Minto Heights is an outlying suburb of Sydney. (I googled it).

2. Jabiru96

Jabiru96 Well-Known Member

An estimated 30 visitors per day? Is that enough to sustain the running of a facility? Good luck to them (if it goes ahead), but with the new zoo being built at Blacktown will they even get 30 visitors a day (especially as Minto is so far out of the way for alot of people)?

3. Hix

Hix Wildlife Enthusiast and Lover of Islands 15+ year member Premium Member

Minto is in the Campbelltown area, which is one of the growth areas in Sydney's southwest, although not as fast as some areas about 15kms north. If they advertise they will have no problem getting 30 per day on a weekend, and they could easily get that from the local schools during the week.

If all they have are a lot of pets (i.e. domestics) then I can't really see them doing much more than that, visitor-wise.

:p

Hix

4. Jarkari

Jarkari Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Get Wild already run a successful animal outreach business including farm outreach, native animals and common marmosets. From what I can tell it is a very well run business by a passionate team.

5. Astrobird

Astrobird Well-Known Member

where would they get "2 breeds of Capuchin monkey" from, given that there is only a few white fronted capuchins left in the country? the Black capped capuchins are still being bred, so should be relatively available I guess.

6. Jabiru96

Jabiru96 Well-Known Member

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph