Join our zoo community

Newly registered conservationist here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by WildVagabond, 24 Jun 2015.

1. WildVagabond

WildVagabond New Member

Hi everyone!

I'm Havard, I'm from Norway and I have a huge passion for wildlife, conservation and wildlife photography.

I have Master's degree in biology and have been priveleged enough to do work in the Serengeti, Tanzania and Tembe Elephant Park, South Africa. I won't go into too much detail other than to say that working with wildlife in Africa changed my life.

During my time in South Africa, where I lived for almost two years as I researched leopards, or at least tried to (they are extremely elusive where I worked), I fell in love with wildlife photography and started a blog called Idle Wanderer for fun, where I made fact pages of the different species I came across. I struggled with my work, as lack of funding and lackluster equipment (espeicially in the vehicle department) made things difficult at times, but my blog really kept me going.

I'm now back in Norway, and have been for six months. Here I've tried to figure out a way forward using the experience and knowledge acquired in Africa. I've now decided to move forward with my dream to travel the world while actively working to save our wildlife (More on that later). I've set up a new website that fits me better and looks more professional (at least that's what I think), which is called Wildlife Vagabond. Have look and see what you think! I'd love to get some feedback from fellow animal lovers!

2. Macaw16

Macaw16 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome to ZooChat! Your website seems nice and easy to use (and professional, as you said).

3. WildVagabond

WildVagabond New Member

Thanks! Glad to hear you find it easy to use! I spent a lot of time trying to work out how to make it look and work the way I wanted, so glad it seems I got it right.