Join our zoo community

SEA LIFE Brighton Brighton SeaLife Centre News

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by kiang, 30 Jan 2014.

Tags:
  1. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member 15+ year member

From the website;

The star resident of a new £1 million attraction at Brighton Sea Life Centre will take you breath away!

Give her half a chance and she could literally squeeze the breath from your body.

She is a green anaconda, set to take centre stage in the new Rainforest Adventure attraction launching at Easter this year.

Rainforest Adventure - SEA LIFE Brighton

2. pipaluk

pipaluk Well-Known Member 10+ year member

£1 million to house an anaconda, poison dart frogs, piranha, a few other fish & some turtles. This organisation have money to burn- no wonder at £17.40 for an hour or so!
    I've never been to the Brighton one, only Weymouth, which although it was ok, the entrance fee was at least double what it was worth.
    There are plenty of zoos who could do much more if they had that amount to spend!

3. Pacu

Pacu Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I last visited just before this exhibit opened, and went again yesterday. I have a feeling the anaconda may have died. There was no label for it but some anaconda related decor and information nearby. The enclosure was clearly for a water dwelling snake or lizard but just had a few tetras and rasboras in it. Maybe it was hiding or temporarily removed but signage suggests otherwise. Only saw one poison dart frog in a gimmicky enclosure that looked a nightmare to maintain properly. I love the architecture at Brighton and Merlin haven't destroyed that but there was precious little in the way of real engagement and education and the shop mystified me completely - so many missed opportunities and so little choice of souveniers.

4. DesertRhino150

DesertRhino150 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Brighton Sea Life Centre have received an olive ridley sea turtle that was rescued today at Seaford Beach in East Sussex. The turtle was in cold shock when it was rescued but the hope is it will start to recover as it is warmed to a more normal temperature.

More information in the link below:
    Rare turtle found injured off south coast

Sacchi likes this.