Join our zoo community

Closed News Feeds ?

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Simon Hampel, 7 Sep 2006.

?

What do you think of the news feeds ?

1. I think they are great!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I'm not convinced yet

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Don't like them - too much "noise" distracting from the discussion

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. What news feeds ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

Just wanted some feedback on the news feeds - what do people think about them ?

2. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member

i keep track of new posts by hitting the "new posts" icon at the top of screen. however now i am forced to filter through a plethora (yes plethora!) of news articles (many of them repeats of the same story). it was a good idea sim, but i don't think its working.....

3. Simon Hampel

You can hide them from showing in the new posts search by going to the User Control panel and "opt-out" of the news feed forums.

See the information and screenshot at the bottom of this post for more info: Opt-out of forums

4. Simon Hampel

Just as an update, I'm looking at whether I can do it slightly differently and have it as an opt-in feature, meaning you don't automatically get the updates in your new-posts searches, unless you explicitly ask for them.

I'll see how it works, and if it is okay, I might move to that as the default behaviour ... opt-in is always better than opt-out

5. Simon Hampel

Okay - I've now set it so that you have to opt-IN to get the news feeds in searches. You can still browse the news feeds whenever you want ... but you can't search them unless you explicitly ask to. I'll post instructions on how to do that in another thread.

I'll close this poll for now and re-open it again later.