Join our zoo community

Obsolete News feeds

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simon Hampel, 10 Aug 2007.

1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

Hi all,

I've re-arranged some of the news feed a little and split out the high volume (Google / Yahoo) feeds from the other low volume feeds.

You need to opt-in to see the high volume feeds (see http://www.zoobeat.com/4/rss-news-feeds-422/ ) ... and you can opt-out of any of the other feeds if you don't want them showing up in your new posts searches (see http://www.zoobeat.com/4/opt-out-forum-updates-453/ )

... in the short term you will see quite a few new items appear in your new posts search, but that will settle down once you have read them (or marked the forums as read), and you should only see new news items when they come in.

Let me know if there are any questions or problems with how I have things set up.

The news feeds I now have set up are:

ABC = Australian Broadcasting Commission - our publically owned broadcaster here in Australia

... and the high volume opt-in feeds are:

... if anyone has suggestions for other RSS news feeds that would be good to show on ZooBeat, please let me know !!

2. Simon Hampel

Oops - there was a problem with the opt-out feature, that should now be fixed, so if you went looking for it before and couldn't find it, please try again !!

3. Zoo_Boy

Zoo_Boy Well-Known Member

hay sim, all the news feeds are comming uo in the new post tab, and mny un read is now 3 pages long, how can i turn this off?

4. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member

i just fixed it for myself zooboy......

control panel/edit options/scroll to bottom - remove from new posts

5. Simon Hampel

It will only happen this once as there are all the new posts from those forums showing up. Once you read them all or mark the forums read (look under quick links menu at the top), they will disappear. There should only be a few new items a day from those news feeds.

Otherwise, use the opt-out feature as described above.

6. Zoo_Boy

Zoo_Boy Well-Known Member

thanks guys, i did what u did pat thanks heaps u 2