Join our zoo community

News threads creating clutter

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Neil chace, 11 Dec 2022.

1. Great Argus

Great Argus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

While the statement is true, many of those currently challenging them have no idea how things actually work, and they have been bluntly told so on multiple occasions. And usually those putting "expert" in their name are usually far from it in my experience.

My argument is towards supporting a community, not myself. If it was just me holding these opinions I'd have just left already. There's been quite a bit of evidence now that there are many who largely support what I'm arguing.

I agree with this, especially if it's a zoo that's visited on a regular basis. I will say though that a great many zoos are not routinely visited, and so it's a bit complex to say "no news unless you visit the zoo."

I suspect you may be right.

I know a fair few people on here who like goats - but they also don't think they belong on a zoo forum. ;)

That's a lot of facilities to have a vested interest in. Especially given how obscure some are. You are correct in how a lot of what gets on people's nerve is how much you post, though a fair chunk of it is also what you post.

You can, and I know a couple people who tried it. They said it lasted only a short time as due to the sheer volume of posting by certain members it was dreadfully annoying to be scrolling through so many blank posts. It cuts out a lot of content so I'm told.

I don't feel you have. More and more members keep stepping in to voice opinions contrary to yours - you also keep moving goal posts. You also seem to be arguing for high-quality content while simultaneously arguing for the worst possible way to achieve it.