Join our zoo community

SEA LIFE Birmingham SEA LIFE Birmingham News

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by zoogiraffe, 5 Oct 2014.

1. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Visited the other week,to have a look at the new Penguin exhibit and see how the Scalloped Hammerheads were doing,after having a good look in the main tank and couldn't see them,I asked a member of staff in the tunnel and they said that they had both died earlier,in the year after a period of not eating!Also they now no longer have a Leopard Shark either.

2. Nisha

Nisha Well-Known Member 10+ year member

A male Nurse Shark arrived from Sealife Blackpool today

3. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member

If my PC had worked properly I would have beaten Nisha to that news. It was on BBC Midlands this afternoon. The keeper said something like he will be a nice addition to our breeding and conservation programmes, we breed a lot of endangered species at the sealife centres.

So, Nisha, I bet that the next time we both have the same news, I will be the first poster. :D

4. adrian1963

adrian1963 Well-Known Member

Visited last Sat 31/10/2015 and noticed a lot of species that weren't labelled and again a lot of species incorrect on Zootierliste or missing from the list but I did enjoy my day as I hadn't visited a Sea Life Centre since a disaster visit to Blackpool's Centre many years ago

5. MagpieGoose

MagpieGoose Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Some more Gentoo's have arrived:

A Colony of Canadian Gentoo Penguins have arrived here at the National SEA LIFE Birmingham!
    After migrating 4,268 miles from Calgary, a group of feathered additions have arrived at their icy new home.
    The Canadian colony of male and female Gentoos will join Ginny and the rest of our cheeky Gentoo Penguins.

6. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

7. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Rare breeding-result with the Black-chin guitarfish : 6 young were born :) !

DesertRhino150 likes this.