Join our zoo community

Nick Knacks YouTube Episodes

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by Smaggledagle, 15 Aug 2020.

1. Smaggledagle

Smaggledagle Well-Known Member

I should first explain myself. Nick Knacks is a YouTube series by the channel Poparena (or the Poparena as he likes to call it) is a documentary-esque retrospective about the history of Nickelodeon, one show at a time. As of right now there is 61 full episodes as well as 17 special episodes/addendums/.5 update episodes. In terms of zoo-related content, there is:

Episode 49: Zoo Family
    Zoo Family was a 1985 television series that focuses on Dr. George Mitchell, the fictional CEO of the real Royal Melbourne Zoological Gardens, as well as his children, his coworkers, and the inner working of the zoo.

Episode 61: The Adventures of the Little Koala
    Although this show focuses the adventures of an anthropomorphic koala and his friends, in the beginning he dives into Japan’s “Koala Fever” and how they wanted Australia to send them some of the koalas to Japan after the Aussies lifted the ban on koala imports to other countries. This episode is interesting for that alone.

2. Smaggledagle

Smaggledagle Well-Known Member

Also I would like to add that I will be most likely updating this page when new episodes come out if they involve anything with zoos or wildlife content.