Join our zoo community

Zoo Tycoon Noticeable mistakes, errors, etc. on ZT1

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by Moebelle, 17 Jan 2012.

1. evilmonkey239

evilmonkey239 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I’m replying to a post that’s over nine years old, but I hasten to bring up the following:

I believe polars were listed as a LR species back in 2004 when the base game was released, with them being uplisted to VU in 2006 IIRC.

Also, the Bengal tiger may not be the largest tiger subspecies/former subspecies, but being a tiger it still technically belongs to the largest cat species.

2. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Tbh if I were to play it now, I’d be more bothered by them labelling the tigers as Bengals, when a North American zoo with ‘Bengals’ would in fact have generic/hybrid Bengals.

I was always disappointed by the lack of Sumatran tigers in the game - with this being the main tiger subspecies in Australasian zoos (and not being uncommon across European and North American zoos).

Also the lack of colour morphs in ZT1 was disappointing. I always wanted melanistic Jaguar, which not even ZT2 could bring me.

3. evilmonkey239

evilmonkey239 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Agreed, Sumatran, Malayan, and Siberian tigers are much more common in captivity internationally than the Bengal so one of these subspecies would’ve been a better choice.

4. Leaf Productions

Leaf Productions Well-Known Member

ZT1 is incredibly based, just wanted to throw that out there. Faux Paux's aside, it holds up so well today.

5. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I can’t disagree with that. Right up there with Crash Bandicoot and Spyro imo.