Join our zoo community

Notterbridge Animal Park in Cornwall ( now closed)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by The Hedgehog, 22 Nov 2020.

1. The Hedgehog

The Hedgehog Well-Known Member

Did anyone else visit the now closed down Notterbridge Animal Park in Cornwall? I visited in 2015(ish). I found out the hard way that it was very non-disabled friendly. The Animal Park was very rugged and rural and as a wheelchair and Mobility Scooter user extremely painful to walk around.

If I remember correctly the first species you came to were Meerkats,one of whom was called Sue and originally lived at Dartmoor Zoo. As you followed the winding path you would see Mongoose,Goats,multiple species of Bird Of Pray and finally Racoons. These are just a few examples of the 15 or so animals that you would encounter.

You could spend a maximum of about 3 hours at the Animal Park and that would have been a push. Lucky this minuet Animal Park only cost less than £5 to enter. I would like to hear about any visits my Fellow Zoochatter’s may have made to this very small Animal Park. Finally I would like to know where the residents of Notterbridge Animal Park moved too upon its permanent closure.

To analyse my post Notterbridge Animal Park was a huge disappointment compared to other local Zoos such as Dartmoor Zoo and Paignton Zoo and definitely nothing to shout about!

Kind regards @The Hedgehog

2. FBBird

FBBird Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Where was this? I was working in Cornwall at the time, and never heard of it

3. The Hedgehog

@FBBird Notterbridge Animal Park was located in a village called Notterbridge opposite a Pub named The Notterbridge Inn. To be honest Notterbridge is located nearer to Plymouth or Liskerd than it is Newquay or St Austell for example.

4. FBBird

FBBird Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Now you mention the pub, I think I have heard of it.

5. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

I'll tell ya, life ain't easy for a meerkat named Sue :p

Quincey likes this.
  6. The Hedgehog

I had to research this quote online to see what you found so hilarious. I found that you've done a very funny play on words,from the song Life isn'tn't easy for a boy named Sue. I hadn't heard of this song maybe I'm too young as I turn 21 on Thursday! However this is a very funny post none the less and I need to give you credit where it's due!!

TeaLovingDave likes this.
  7. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Yeah, couldn't resist given how amused I was by the fact you apparently viewed the meerkat's name as a noteworthy-enough feature of the closed collection to stick in the memory :p

TNT likes this.