Join our zoo community

November Photo Showcasing

Discussion in 'Animal Photography' started by Julio C Castro, 3 Nov 2020.

1. Julio C Castro

Julio C Castro Well-Known Member Premium Member

https://www.zoochat.com/community/media/albums/november-photo-showcasing.39/

Hey everybody, it’s close to the end of the year and happy November to you all :) Here are the rules as before as reminders of what can be posted:

1. 4 entries per month.
    2. They can upload photos that can be found in the regular gallery if they’d like to.
    3. Photos don’t have to necessarily have to be from the month aforementioned in the title although it can take some time to develop photos.
    4. It must be photos we consider our best work meaning not blurry or potentially boring such as an animal butt as said before.
    5. To have the photos be of different subjects per month although they can be of the same subject the following month as long as all the entries for the month aren’t of the same one. Example such as 4 entries of the same specie.
    6. Photos aren’t strictly limited to zoological gardens. They can be from sanctuaries, aquariums, nature reserves, etc.
    7. Do try your best to add where they were taken either in the description or by adding tags.

Will be heading back to San Diego but I think I’ll be only able to visit the zoo and not the Safari Park , don’t know if any ride share services will be running due to the upcoming election :oops: Hopefully I can still go and will upload some new ones although I have a backlog still to edit Take care and safe out there!

Arizona Docent likes this.
  2. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Thanks again for doing this. Lots of great photos (though I have seen a couple - thankfully only a couple - posted by people who don't seem to fully grasp point number four).

Julio C Castro likes this.
  3. Arizona Docent

As I type this five entries have been submitted so far and it is interesting they are all birds.

4. Stefan Verhoeven

Stefan Verhoeven Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Specially for you, I will also upload a non bird photo @Arizona Docent :p

5. Julio C Castro

It does happen but I’ll continue to do my best to remind people the rules, I can’t moderate the album and wish I could :oops: But I’ve loved mostly all the entries and you’re so right on the second point, birds have the early lead in this album but don’t worry will be off to sunny San Diego to hopefully photograph more beautiful critters :cool:

Arizona Docent likes this.
  6. RetiredToTheZoo

RetiredToTheZoo Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Thanks again for this. Your commitment and work does not go unnoticed! I've been occupied with shooting fall colors in the Ozarks (full peak right now, beautiful with great weather) and haven't see any wildlife. Try to get to the zoo later in the month. However, I did get scared to death for a brief moment by 3 squirrels wrestling in the leaves while eating some lunch. It sounded loud, like a bear crashing toward me. I was in black bear country and grabbed my bear spray very quickly. Then saw it was just squirrels playing around.

Last edited: 4 Nov 2020
  7. Julio C Castro

Thank you very much and thank you for being part of the community! :) I can just imagine the scare that could cause and you take your time getting the photos you need, I’ll keep doing the showcasing on and on :p

RetiredToTheZoo likes this.
  8. Arizona Docent

Do you know how amazing a bear in fall colors would be? You should be grabbing your camera, not your bear spray! :D