Join our zoo community

Now I need help on figuring out what hoof stock should go with who

Discussion in 'Fantasy Zoos' started by Jena, 27 Sep 2018.

1. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

Hello people, I am back with yet another question. So now I am on African Safari Mixed Exhibit. This exhibit I have in mind is gonna be HUGE. Mabye even have a car that takes around the exhibit like a safari ride and tours that how big I am considering in this fantasy zoo idea I have. So with that being said I need help deciding what animals i need to put in this exhibit.

So far I have gotten
    Plains Zebra, Giraffe, Southern White Rhino, Common Eland, Nyala in this safari idea.

I checked online at the AZA Manual and I think they are all compatiable with each other. Common Eland and Nyala I am unsure though but the others I am confident with.

Now I have these species:
    • Bontebok
    • Impala (which according to the AZA they have successfully mixed with elephants so mabye I might put them with the Elephants in my zoo idea).
    • Gerenuk
    • Thomson's Gazelle
    That I am currently unsure right now if they will mix with all the species I have alraedy in my safari idea. I know Gerenuk are fragile though so I was thinking about putting them in a different exhibit mabye with a more calmer ungulate but unsure what exactly.

So basically to sum up my question:

1. What other mammals that I have listed can go with ALL of the ones I have for the safari idea. AND if Common Eland and/or Nyala aren't actually compatiable with the Rhino giraffe and Zebra?
    2. And what other mammals should I add to this safari idea that will go with all of them that I do not currently have listed. (please be spefic as to what species instead of just being general in saying hoofstock.)
    Also mammals only since I haven't reached the birds yet. Thank you all :)

2. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member

Just a suggestion, maybe you should start a general fantasy thread for your zoo instead of a bunch of little posts.

3. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

1. I have no idea how I do that?
    2. I hate having things all in one place in general. For example, I like my music on my ipod, my photos on a camera, my messages on my phone, so in general I just don't like different things all in the same place even if it's related.
    3. But mostly I have no idea how I do that???

4. elefante

elefante Well-Known Member

I'd keep the zebras separate or maybe only mix them with white rhinos and giraffes. I've heard they can be jerks.

5. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member

It's easy! Just create a thread on some help and every time you need help, then ask.
    2. You may like it, but it takes up a lot of on the forum...