Join our zoo community

Bristol Zoo Project NWCP to open in July as......

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by kiang, 20 Feb 2013.

1. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

The other is it also has a good pub along side it,for those of us that will be driving down to the zoo historica icebreaker!!

2. Shorts

Shorts Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Is that you offering to play taxi for people from Cribb's Causeway to the "icebreaker" in return for plying you with ale at that pub on return?:D If so consider this passenger booked.

3. zoogiraffe

I already have 3 plus myself in the car so another 1 shouldn't be a problem!

4. Shorts

Shorts Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Excellent. Shotgun!

5. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Whilst I am at it, I might as well note that myself and my girlfriend will be requiring a lift back to the travel lodge after the icebreaker :) hopefully someone else staying there will have car-space!

Come to think of it, maybe someone should start a thread specifically for such things?

6. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I suppose one might consider ... a busload! :) And yes, perhaps it is useful to put this in the Zoohistorica thread (?).

I too will - and I suppose a number of other folks also - require transport back to Cribbs Causeway after the event.

7. matthew

matthew Well-Known Member 10+ year member

A very brief visit yesterday to Wild Place. They are in the process of preparing an extension to their lemur enclosure, and they plan to introduce a fourth lemur species onto the site. The ringtails seem very confident and at home in their new enclosure.

Work is continuing with infrastructure at the site, the paths are being re-laid, making it accessible for pushchairs and wheelchairs.

Does anybody else know of any other plans for next year?

8. zoogiraffe

The extension will be used for the animal feeding encounters with the Lemurs,and will hence not be open to the general public,but will be viewable from the outside by the public.

As for plans for next year a few were mentioned by Bristols collection manager,whilst he was showing people round as part of zoohistorica,but as he said none of them were concrete so,at the moment they would only be rumour so I will not post them,as I know I for one would rather wait to hear plans that are concrete!