Join our zoo community

NZ Zoos YouTube Channel

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by ZooBoyNZ, 11 Oct 2017.

1. ZooBoyNZ

ZooBoyNZ Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Hi everyone!
    I have been meaning to make this thread for a while now, and finally here it is. A bit nervous to post this honestly, not sure why but it's quite intimidating sharing something like this!
    I would like to introduce my YouTube channel to all of you here on ZooChat, which is called ZooBoyNZ.

The main videos I am going to be posting on my channel are annual tour and overview videos from zoos that I visit (mainly Auckland and Hamilton, but I want to get to Wellington Zoo sometime next year as I haven't been there in several years). These videos won't be walkthroughs as such so won't show every animal or exhibit, but they should give an overall idea of the zoo. My main goal for these videos is to show viewers most of the zoos animal collection (depending on footage I get) and what the different exhibits look like. A passion of mine is video editing, so these videos will have quite a bit of editing with modern music added at the start and ends + background music throughout. I understand that the majority of people here on ZooChat are from an older generation that probably won't appreciate this, but I'm making videos for myself and I want to be creative and include my passionate interests. Ideally, I would like to have a "balance" with my videos, so that they can be enjoyed by people who are older, as well as younger people like me. Obviously, not everyone is going to like the videos and that's completely fine; I can't make everybody happy! :D

I also will be doing some other zoo related videos that will be a lot less edited like exhibit walkthroughs and zoo construction updates on new exhibits. One example is the upcoming Wild Indonesia development at Auckland Zoo that I hope to provide updates on during its construction.

I uploaded my first video on the channel a few weeks ago, which is a tour and overview of Auckland Zoo. Please go and check it out (I won't insert the video here because it looses quality, so just follow the link to my channel above and it should come up) and let me know what you think of it. I am open to constructive criticism, but please keep in mind what I said above about my videos not being for everyone! Although, I am hoping that some of you will like the video. Something I should probably mention, is that I used to make YouTube videos on the same channel about something completely unrelated to zoos, so that's why there is 600 subscribers with only the one video.

Ok, I think that is enough rambling on about it... It would mean a lot if you all could check out my channel and maybe even subscribe (it's that red box that will either be at the top of my channel, or below the video) so you know when I upload - it's free of course!
    Thank you. :)

zooboy28 and Zoofan15 like this.
  2. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Good work @ZooBoyNZ. I'm looking forward to that Wild Indonesia Update. :cool:

ZooBoyNZ likes this.
  3. ZooBoyNZ

4. animal_expert01

animal_expert01 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I have subscribed.

ZooBoyNZ likes this.
  5. ZooBoyNZ