Join our zoo community

October Photo Showcasing(2021)

Discussion in 'Animal Photography' started by Julio C Castro, 2 Oct 2021.

1. Julio C Castro

Julio C Castro Well-Known Member Premium Member

https://www.zoochat.com/community/media/albums/october-photo-showcasing-2021.52/

It’s Halloween time, and that means it’s the night that HE came home :eek: (Michael Myers reference). As another month passes, it’s a new showcase for our fellow photographers. As per usual, here are the rules:

1. 4 entries per month per member.
    2. They can upload photos that can be found in the regular gallery if they’d like to.
    3. Photos don’t have to necessarily have to be from the month aforementioned in the title although it can take some time to develop photos.
    4. It must be photos we consider our best work meaning not blurry or potentially boring.
    5. Photo entries must be of different subjects per month although they can be of the same subject the following month as long as all the entries for the month aren’t of the same one. Example such as 4 entries of the same specie wouldn’t be allowed but you can upload the same photo for a later monthly entry.
    6. Photos aren’t strictly limited to zoological gardens. They can be from sanctuaries, aquariums, nature reserves, etc.
    7. Do try your best to add where they were taken either in the description and/or by adding tags.

My main San Diego trip is just around the corner as soon as the opening date for the Children’s Zoo is announced. Will photograph it top to bottom, maybe some entries will be posted on the album ;) Happy hunting to all!

2. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

3. Julio C Castro

Thank you very much but it truly is a team effort so thank you to all! I love that many of us really show off the work in the albums every month, it’s all beautiful eye candy :)

Arizona Docent likes this.
  4. RetiredToTheZoo

RetiredToTheZoo Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Thanks for keeping this up. It continues to be very enjoyable for me. There has been some absolutely outstanding photos posted.

The weather folks say we will finally have something getting closer to fall like weather this coming week. Maybe I'll get out some with the camera. Haven't been to a zoo in a while. It's been mid to upper 90's and high humidity around here. Makes me just stay home in the AC.

5. Julio C Castro

That makes me happy to hear that you all still love seeing the entries and being part of it, thank you very much! I’m also waiting for the overcast days to come to get those sweet fall photos :D best of luck to you in your fall photo shoots!