Join our zoo community

October Photo Showcasing

Discussion in 'Animal Photography' started by Julio C Castro, 1 Oct 2020.

1. Julio C Castro

Julio C Castro Well-Known Member Premium Member

https://www.zoochat.com/community/media/albums/october-photo-showcasing.36/

Happy October or at least hopefully a not so gloomy one based on all that has happened so far this year :( Many of you know already know the drill but here are the reminders for all photographers:

1. 4 entries per month.
    2. They can upload photos that can be found in the regular gallery if they’d like to.
    3. Photos don’t have to necessarily have to be from the month aforementioned in the title although it can take some time to develop photos.
    4. It must be photos we consider our best work meaning not blurry or potentially boring such as an animal butt as said before.
    5. To have the photos be of different subjects per month although they can be of the same subject the following month as long as all the entries for the month aren’t of the same one. Example such as 4 entries of the same specie.
    6. Photos aren’t strictly limited to zoological gardens. They can be from sanctuaries, aquariums, nature reserves, etc.
    7. Do try your best to add where they were taken either in the description or by adding tags.

Be safe and healthy, I just finished visiting visiting both the SD Zoo and Safari Park. Will be uploading a couple right now and can’t wait to see everyone’s work :) Happy shooing and by shooting I mean with a camera obviously :rolleyes:

2. RetiredToTheZoo

RetiredToTheZoo Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Thanks again for doing this! Now that the weather has stabilized and cooled off around here I plan to make a trip to the Memphis and possibly St. Louis zoos. October is a beautiful month in these parts. I'll post a wildlife photo I held over from last month (didn't want to break the rules) and see what else is in my files.

Julio C Castro likes this.
  3. Julio C Castro

Thank you for being a part of it! That autumn weather will bring out such rich colors out and it will help with being out taking photos all day without the intense summer beating down on you :D

4. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Bumping this thread in case any new members are not aware of our monthly photo showcasing. @Julio C Castro is doing a great job with this.

5. Julio C Castro

Thank you so much! Still thinking about that woodpecker photo you posted :oops:

6. Arizona Docent

This morning I was just up the road from the same spot I shot the woodpecker and I got a nice shot of a phainopepla that I am going to post now. It may even be better than the woodpecker (in my not-so-humble opinion).

Julio C Castro likes this.
  7. Arizona Docent

Julio C Castro and Rayane like this.
  8. Julio C Castro

Will get it done now, just woke up from my night shift :oops: haha

Arizona Docent likes this.