Join our zoo community

Taronga Zoo off to taronga on wednesday

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Coquinguy, 6 Nov 2006.

1. Coquinguy

Coquinguy Well-Known Member

hey everyone
    im off to the zoo tomorrow so ill make sure i get plenty of photos of the new elephants. does anybody know anything about melbournes 3 yet? theyre website has crashed or, hopefully is being updated because i cant access it at the moment

2. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member

the three new cows arrived at the zoo safe and well. they are reportedly eating well and happy like the sydney animals - though they got a little spooked by all the noises of the city and a rougue possum. there have been no reports yet of how the zoos other two animals responded to the newcomers - the first elephants they will have seen in over 20 years. i am assuming kapah slept (and will continue to sleep) with su in the bull barn to give the newbies a chance to get used to their new home without any additional stress.

i'm working today (public holiday here in melbourne) so i might give myself a day off tomorrow and go see em. i'll try and find my camera and i'll get some shots of the orangs for everyone too...

3. patrick

hey, you two could have totally had a chat and not even realised it! did you notice any japanese girls who knew alot about animals glyn?

it could be really wierd, bumping ito a fellow zoobeater. personally, i don't quite let on the extent of my geekiness. most people don't know that i'm actually thinking about giraffes when i should be thinking about work, or that i get quietly more excited about a new exhibit at the zoo than a movie thats about to come out. i'm a closet geek (its different for those of you that actually have a job in the industry) and if i actually met a zoobeater in person, i may feel exposed!!! :)

4. patrick

oh and zuki-pah, send us a webshots link please....

5. Zoo_Boy

Zoo_Boy Well-Known Member

weell for 1, zuki aint asian in any way lol, and second, i beleive we should meet at mogo zoo on the ninth of december, for the first ever zoobeat forums meet, this day at mogo as it is chimp day, when the zoo will fund raise for the new exhibit, o the excitment

6. patrick

oh shut-up man! your messin with my fantasies! she is too, she comes from japan and she wears a khaki outfit with western plains zoo logo emroided on the front pocket, her hair in piggytails and platform sneakers with socks pulled up to her knees. her backpack is a fuffy plush koala that appears to be riding on her back... :)

7. Zoo_Boy

wow u r pretty weird, if not very kinky?

8. jay

jay Well-Known Member 20+ year member

I am well known at work for being zoo mad. What's even better is that one of workmates is vegetarian, very keen on animal rights, dislikes animals in captivity and she can still invite me to her wedding!

I like the idea of a zoobeat gathering.

9. Zoo_Boy

yea well hang on , where does everyone live, lets start a list

Zoo-Boy - bathurst

then we can find out if easy to meet someplace

10. jay

Jay is at Brisbane ( and mark I believe)

11. Zoo_Boy

would u b able to make mogo?

12. jay

Unfortunately not in Dec.

13. ZYBen

ZYBen Well-Known Member

I'm in Adelaide!