Join our zoo community

'Offshooot' thread suggestion

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Zia, 23 Feb 2019.

1. Zia

Zia Well-Known Member

Hi All - I have a suggestion...

I've noticed that when there is a lot of discussion on a particular point in a zoo news thread it is often lifted out and given its own dedicated thread. When this is done would it be possible for admin to add a comment to the original thread confirming the basic facts of the 'news' and linking to the new thread? I'm making the suggestion as atm the way it is done leaves big gaps regarding significant news in the zoos own thread.

Example - there was no actual mention of Asim killing Melati during their introduction on the London Zoo thread following the resulting discussion being moved to its own thread. Someone has questioned where the discussion has gone and a link to the new thread has been posted - but it would be helpful if this was just done as a matter of course when the threads are split imo. It would also help people who are looking back over the threads in the future as they are not going to necessarily know to look for seperate threads for significant bits of news.

upload_2019-2-23_9-52-54.png

Attached Files:

Simon Hampel, Fallax and Benosaurus like this.
  2. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

By and large we do tend to do this when a conversation has been split, but the discussion in question was one of several which Sim split off from various threads in a short period of time - he wants us to be more consistent about removing large-scale discussions into their own thread going forward, and did this in order to demonstrate his wishes - and it slipped through the cracks when it came to following the split up with a permanent link to the discussion :)

Thanks for the feedback, by the by.

Zia likes this.
  3. Zia

Zia Well-Known Member

Fair enough :cool:

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

Yes - this is a good suggestion (sorry - my bad on the Asim discussion, forgot to put in a link).

I've actually got some ideas for how we can make cross-linking threads much easier for the mods that I'm going to implement as part of the upcoming upgrade.