Join our zoo community

Out of all of these, which is the worst zoo?

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Luke da Zoo nerd, 16 Jan 2020.

?

Out of all of these zoos, which is the worst?

Poll closed 1 Feb 2020.
  1. Phuket zoo

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Surabaya zoo

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Mumbai zoo

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Tirana zoo

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Luke da Zoo nerd

Luke da Zoo nerd Well-Known Member

Hello fellow chatters! Out of all of these choices what would you think is the worst. If anyone has photos, that would be great. In my opinion the Phuket zoo is a strong contender, due to the amount of
    "Slave like shows" they show to guests. I am Interested in what you guys think!

Best wishes, Luke.

2. Luke da Zoo nerd

3. Luca Bronzi

Luca Bronzi Well-Known Member

I vote the elephant one

4. Luke da Zoo nerd

Be more specific. What do you mean, ¨The elephant one¨. Do you mean a zoo? Or do you mean an enclosure.

5. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member

What is the point of this poll? You've got four zoos which you have clearly never visited and know nothing about, and you want to know which is "the worst" of the four from a bunch of people who will probably also have never visited any of them. Why? What does that achieve?

6. FBBird

FBBird Well-Known Member

If the OP will pay my expenses, I'll happily go and look at them.

7. Luke da Zoo nerd

You know what.
    I'm done. This is annoying.

:mad:

Ughhhhh.........

The moderators should just delete my account already.

Last edited by a moderator: 16 Jan 2020
  8. FBBird

FBBird Well-Known Member

You're welcome here, just accept the criticism and move on. Works for me:)

9. Luke da Zoo nerd

Doesn't work for me.

10. Luke da Zoo nerd

I always seem to be the one criticized.

11. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member

Sometimes our younger and more enthusiastic members can tend to annoy some of our older members who have their own views on what is reasonable (sometimes unreasonably strict views).

Most new members go through a bit of a learning process - learning about what kinds of threads people engage well with and which don't really add much value to the community.

Some of the responses in this thread didn't add value, which is unfortunate and they have been deleted. There is an ignore function that some people should consider using if they don't like what other members post.

@Chlidonias asked some reasonable questions - if you'd like to get this thread back on track, I suggest you start by addressing those.

12. Kazaa67

Kazaa67 New Member

Simon Hampel makes a good point here. I think it's just a bit weird for some people to vote on the worst zoo when they've never visited any of those zoos.

13. Luke da Zoo nerd

First of all, I have to answer your questions, and that is what I shall do. The point of this poll is to try to narrow down some of the worst zoos in the world, so I can decide which is the worst one. I am in the process of writing a book about the good things and the bad things about animals in captivity. There you go. That's it. Answer your question? You are completely right that I have never been to any of these, but again, that is the whole point of this poll. I need to know your thoughts on the zoos if you and other chatters have ever been to these zoos, I would like to see some first-hand experiences of going to these zoos, without traveling there myself. So that is what this poll achieves. Please could you be a little softer towards me? I am just trying to do something innocent and fine. It does not affect you in any way, so why should you criticize it? @Chlidonias Zoochat is a social media website. Not a Social criticism website.

Last edited: 16 Jan 2020
    FBBird likes this.
  14. Kazaa67

Kazaa67 New Member

I have a tip for the next time, maybe say that beforehand so people can react in a way that their reaction is useful for your project and that they'll understand better why you are doing this poll.

Luke da Zoo nerd likes this.
  15. Luke da Zoo nerd

I'm glad you mentioned that. I have noticed on a few other polls some people don't really give an explicit reason why they are doing a poll either. But people still vote anyway?

16. Kazaa67

Kazaa67 New Member

Well i'm saying this because your poll seems kinda uhhh weird, because people don't really know why you're doing this and with what purpose. Maybe with other polls it's more clear what's the purpose of the poll. I'm just giving a tip do with it what you want.
    and maybe next time don't instantly react so uh emotional? and just ask why people are reacting and behaving the way you apparently don't like.

Ursus likes this.
  17. Luke da Zoo nerd

Thats an insult.

18. Kazaa67

Kazaa67 New Member

Dude, i'm only trying to help you. If you want to see it as an insult be my guest. It wasn't meant as an insult

19. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member

Not really.
    If your writing a book where you talk about the world's "worst zoos" I would say you should visit them all yourself to make sure they are actually bad. It's the same situation if you were writing a book about the best zoos.

20. (Adsa)

(Adsa) Well-Known Member

I find this statement extremely false. If you are using social media of any kind you are consenting to let people talk to you, listen to you, and enjoy you, but this also means you are letting people argue with you, ignore you, and critique you. As for it seeming like you are always under attack, consider maybe those attacking you have valid points and are not out there to attack you personally. This is something I have struggled with personally and have found very harmful mentally.