Join our zoo community

Pairi Daiza Pairi Daiza: a Zoological Debate

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Luca Bronzi, 19 Feb 2022.

1. Luca Bronzi

Luca Bronzi Well-Known Member

As some of you may have been in the last months I've been less and less active on Zoochat.
    This is because my interest in zoos in general has decreased, there haven't been very interesting improvements in the zoos of my area and most of all I abandones one of the threads I posted more on, the Big Year one, because listing all the bird species I see became too much of a trouble.

However there are still some parks which intrigue me, even though I generally prefer seeing animals in the wild: one of them is Pairi Daiza.
    It's one of the zoos with more economical availabilities and every year it spends million of euros on new projects, exhibit and species.
    It has a hell of a collection, but on the other hand it seems it concentrates much more on the thematical aspect of the park than on the effective quality of the exhibits.
    I refer mainly to people who have visited Pairi Daiza: what do you think about it?
    It's still worth visiting?
    What are the future project you are looking upon?

Rajang-GOAT and Kifaru Bwana like this.
  2. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I am sorry to hear that your interest in Italian zoos in your area has been on the wake. I wonder if CoVid restrictions and lockdowns have done some damage to zoos being able to operate and develop in your area (Napoli, Zoo delle Mattine). Perhaps it will get better?

3. Luca Bronzi

Luca Bronzi Well-Known Member

I think it will.
    Maybe it affected more Zoo delle Maitine, which has not seen any "big news" in the last year.