Join our zoo community

Adelaide Zoo Pandas Wang Wang and Funi soon to be Adelaide Zoo stars

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Simon Hampel, 6 Apr 2009.

1. marmolady

marmolady Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I think Adelaide Zoo is quite expensive as it is a really small zoo, the admission for a much larger zoo such as Melbourne is similar and there's a lot more to see for your money. I think one of the reasons people think Adelaide is 'too expensive' is because the price of entry has been raised significantly in recent years, and in that time quite a few species have ceased to be part of the zoo's collection (mainly to make room for the panda exhibit).

I believe that Australia Zoo is ridiculously over-priced for what it is, so I don't think it's a great comparison. Even Taronga Zoo, which still is quite expensive, is far more reasonable.

2. Electus Parrot

Electus Parrot Well-Known Member

Adelaide, before the pandas, was very similar in species and animal number to zoos such as melbourne and taronga, maybe just a bit smaller, but the variety of species always rivalled the other major zoos in Australia. I believe less people from Adelaide because they remember the prices when it used to be like $18 for an adult to get it, and that was only 5 or 6 years ago.