Join our zoo community

Paradise Wildlife Park Paradise Wildlife Park - White Lion Cubs.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Dawn B, 11 Oct 2009.

1. Dawn B

Dawn B Well-Known Member

I thought Id do this as a thread as there are several photographs for those interested in the cubs' progress.

I visited today and when the sun came out they were very playful then very tired. They looked in good condition and had plenty to play with.

Nice also to see the new Gibbon enclosure, will be much better when the foliage grows a bit more, but its coming on. STILL havent see the Pallas Cat nor the Palm Civit!! Looks to be a new viewing platform for the Tigers being built and was great to see a keeper teaching folk abiut the Reticulated Python and allowing people to touch it, he knew his stuff.

Anyway I hope you like the photos.

SO cute there two and very entertaining when they want to be. All through glass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 11 Oct 2009
  2. Dawn B

Dawn B Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a conversion...
    [​IMG]

3. Dawn B

Dawn B Well-Known Member

and finally.....................

"Me and my Sis!!"
    [​IMG]

4. chizlit

chizlit Well-Known Member

These photo's are truely lovely.

5. karenZOO

karenZOO Well-Known Member

Had a look in the gallery for these pics but couldnt find them :confused:, the first time tried to open the post and couldn't !

Lovely pictures but a nightmare to open with my slow broadband :rolleyes:

Last edited: 13 Oct 2009
  6. gallenwolf

gallenwolf Well-Known Member

Sweet shots! How did you get them without the enclosures? I've been to PW twice but always had them with their mom beside the inner enclosure's fencing :(

Alvin

7. Dawn B

Dawn B Well-Known Member

Thanks, pleased you like them.

The shots were taken through the glass along the back end underneath the overhead viewing platform. Dad never moved all day, mom moved once, babes were below all day, bouncing around.

8. stubeanz

stubeanz Well-Known Member

great photos :D unfortunatly the reason you havent seen the palm civets is because they have now been moved on (not sure to what zoo though), the platform over the tigers you saw is the first part of connecting all the platforms together over the big cats so that the public can wlak freely along the platforms without having to go up and down every time :)
    any other questions feel free to ask
    stu

9. Dawn B

Dawn B Well-Known Member

Thanks Stu. I was so looking forward to seeing the the Civets, Im deflated now!! :(

I am still wanting to see the Pallas Cat, amazing animals. If I may, the new level above these small Cats, whats that for?

Oh and great to see the "ex" Dudley Red Panda again (name escapes me) he looks fabulous, so much more active and alert than at Dudley, great work!!