Join our zoo community

Parc Animalier de Bouillon Parc Animalier de Bouillon news

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by kiang, 13 Jun 2017.

Tags:
  1. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member 15+ year member

New arrivals at the parc include ground hornbill (species unknown) and a gaur arriving from Berlin along with an unnamed deer species from Gdansk.

Les Zoos de Belgique

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  2. KévinL

KévinL New Member

3. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

New species at Bouillon : 4 male Himalayan thars arrived from BioParc Doué la Fontaine :).

4. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

When was the giraffe / Ayala exhibit completed and what animals did arrive?

5. Jarne

Jarne Well-Known Member

Two male kordofan giraffes from Basel arrived in 2019

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  6. Gorilla Gust

Gorilla Gust Well-Known Member

Bouillon was building a new exhibit for ant-eaters and also for cheetahs last summer.

At the end of 2020 Bouillon has received two spotted hyena's from Planckendael due to loud renovations on (and next to) the exhibit in Planckendael. By now this work has been completed in Planckendael, and Planckendael has replaced the hyena's with two new individuals (one is passing through)

7. Gorilla Gust

Gorilla Gust Well-Known Member

The exhibit for the cheetahs is finished, however not suitable for them at this moment. The annoucnement for cheetahs is also cancelled.

In october they received a Pallas cat (Polish zoo), however the animal is not on display (dead?). The exhibit was empty, the education was also removed.

The last capuchin monkey is also replaced by a black-and-white ruffed lemur.

They placed the Thars from Doué la Fontaine in the old Markhor enclosure. The markhors are no longer in the collection.

The old exhibit from the maned wolf is now inhabited by (5?) dholes. The wildcats received a new enclosure near the takins, there old enclosre is inhabted by a skunk.

Max Blundell likes this.
  8. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Zoo Ostrava sent a young female scarlet macaw to Bouillon on Wednesday. link

Zoo Na Hradecku sent 0,3 young striped skunks on the same day. link

GalenMarek and Osedax like this.
  9. GalenMarek

GalenMarek Well-Known Member

I went to Bouillon today after my previous visit in August last year.
    My visit was short (rainy day, no light and tired) but I wanted to update this section since the las update is nearly 3 years old. This short visit included a big surprise at the end...
    • The "Cheetah - soon" is still visible on the big map at the entrance. The enclosure of the cheetah is left empty for ages. The shelter of the enclosure is a temporary shelter for squirrel monkeys (their enclosure is under renovation)
    • I only saw 2 lynxs (one of the old was missing, probably the female). In August, the zookeeper told me the two olds are there in "palliative care" and when they die, they will extend the tiny (someone said microscopic?) enclosure by merging the two actual ones. As far as I remember the female was blind (+ she probably has arthrosis)
    • The coatis left the park a few months ago and are replaced by two Tayra.
    • The baby wallaby born last year is their and reached an adult size
    • I didn't see the striped hyena, the clouded panther, the Mandrills and the Maned Wolf. All of them, except the Maned Wolf are still listed on ZTL.
    • A European Genet (Genetta genetta) joined the "building" with the small monkeys (visible in the first enclosure, before the White-tufted-ear marmoset.)
    • My biggest surprise was visible in the Puma enclosure... (and they weren't there in August). Two puma cubs were born. I can't believe the zoo didn't communicate it. Nothing on their Facebook page about Puma (since the transfer of a female to Attilly in 2022). Unbelievable! Their communication was poor, but it's worse than I thought. I'll contact the zoo to get more information. One of the two is shy and stayed around the shelter.

[​IMG]

WhistlingKite24, Osedax and Perseus6 like this.
  10. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Likely basically every sign in the park, this one has a serious error too, the genet they keep is in fact a Genetta maculata signed wrongly.

In september I saw the striped hyena and mandrill and I think maned wolf was still there too, but not sure. Clouded leopard was signed, but not seen.

GalenMarek likes this.
  11. GalenMarek

Thanks for the genet, I didn't get the opportunity to see it correctly, so I fully relied on the signs.

12. GalenMarek

The zoo answered my email: the puma cubs (1,1) were born on the 20th of September 2023
    I can't believe that they didn't communicate.

WhistlingKite24, Osedax and Perseus6 like this.