Join our zoo community

PATAGONIA EXPEDITION COMAPANION

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by TIGERMAN17, 23 Jan 2017.

1. TIGERMAN17

TIGERMAN17 Member

hi guys, my name is Lewis I'm from the uk and I I'm a very keen zoology enthusiast, I don't go on this forum much so not sure if many people do this, this summer fbetween July and august I was planning on a wildlife viewing adventure to Patagonia but as my family don't share my interest in wildlife and can not spare the money, just wandering if there is any one like minded out there let me know if your interested, may make a few new friends that share your interests. If you msg me we can talk in more detail.Thankyou

2. devilfish

devilfish Well-Known Member

Hi Lewis, I wouldn't be able to join but would love to go back.
    I'd advise you to take a look at the species you want to see and then plan thr trip around the best time to see them. I spent a few nights on Chiloe last May and discovered that November to January would have yielded a much more fruitful visit. I'd also suggest you take a look at mammalwatching.com if mammals are of particular interest. :)

3. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

While I can't join, this is a great idea. A photography forum I am active on sometimes has people making posts like this. I am surprised no one before you has done it on ZooChat (that I know of). Sounds like a good trip and I hope someone can take you up on it.

4. Hix

Hix Wildlife Enthusiast and Lover of Islands 15+ year member Premium Member

Orangeperson and I went to Uganda together (although neither of us actually advertised on here).

:p

Hix

5. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

You are aware that July/August is the middle of winter there, so not exactly the time to go. Depending on what you want to see (e.g. Valdez peninsula, Chiloe, Torres del Paine (=best place to see puma worldwide), you might want to go somewhere from October to March. I am planning myself to go there in a year, but my private tour of 2 is already fully booked ;).

6. TIGERMAN17

TIGERMAN17 Member

my plan was to go in winter as I know it has that amazing ice age feel that it in the winter, I haven't fully planned yet anyway so not entirely sure what time of year to go.