Join our zoo community

Patna zoo

Discussion in 'India' started by kiang, 17 Nov 2008.

1. Animal Rights

Animal Rights Well-Known Member

In today's paper :

27 Aug, 2010, 11.26AM IST,IANS
    Will Patna zoo lose 4,000 trees to airport safety?

Last edited by a moderator: 16 May 2011
  2. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Hi Animal Rights,

A full EIA process is required for the plan put forward by the administration. This should include an EIA on the airport at its present location as well as a planned cutting/pruning tree effort in the vicinity of the airport.

To me it sounds like the airport has been sited in the wrong location and should be relocated outside the city environs and residential areas. That to me would be due diligent, transparant and accountable government.

Is Bihar State up for that (safe for a mind-boggling bureacracy)? :confused:

K.B.

3. Animal Rights

Animal Rights Well-Known Member

Hi Kifaru,
    Recent item attached. I saw a friend request from you but the page has difficulty booting when I click 'approve'. But consider it accepted anyway.
    Regarding EIA, lots of issues as you will know, corruption, bureaucracy etc.

Have you been to Patna Zoo? If you go to the Rhino enclosure and keep on walking on the path you come to the Gharial enclosure. If you keep going, the path actually goes on where there are no animals. This appears to be the extension of the zoo where the felling is meant to take place? I remember reading that some Nilgais were coming into the airport and I wonder if they were free living animals of that particular area?

Students campaign against cutting of trees in Patna zoo
    2010-08-28 16:30:00

Last edited by a moderator: 16 May 2011
  4. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member 15+ year member

5. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

No. 2 born 2011. One to follow ...

6. cooldogs143

cooldogs143 New Member

Patana Zoo.

The zoo of Patana was established by sanjay gandhai. in this zoo, there are a lot of animals which is also the edge of ending. The fountains cost around Rs30 lakh. The zoo authorities are sure they would help increase the footfalls.