Join our zoo community

Patricks photos

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by jay, 8 Nov 2006.

1. jay

jay Well-Known Member 20+ year member

Hey Pat
    thanks for being so quick with the ele photos and including the orangs. I am really looking forward to visiting next week. From your pictures I don't minf the 'un nautuarl' look. The use of timber ensures it still has an 'earthy' look and as you said the trees will look good in a few years time. The whole exhibit looks as if it blends in well withthe eles.

2. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member

my pleasure.

it does blend in nicely, the whole precinct. i was actually quite supprised at home much i liked the feel of it. particuarly the mesh exhibit. whilst there is not so much a single plant with the area the idea of having that open-air mesh thing means that the orangs can nonetheless be surrounded by a green and lively backdrop (whilst they could never before see other species they can now see elephants and giraffes among others). somehow this section has a rehab sanctuary kinda feel to it.

i pobably would love it if the other exhibit was all-out there natural, with more dead trees, simulated eroded mudbanks for walls and artificial vines and more real shrubs, but you find it hard to critcise an exhibit when you see the new inhabitants enjoying it so much!