Join our zoo community

Paul & Lynsey's Zoo Tour

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by migdog, 4 May 2015.

1. migdog

migdog Well-Known Member 5+ year member

We visited Ventura Wildlife's Zoological Gardens on our way to pick up the new addition to our family - a pet leopard gecko my wife has since named Brian. It was a worthwhile trip on both accounts.

2. migdog

Our first visit to a European zoo is still our favourite zoo to date - Zooparc de Beauval. In general, great enclosures, and loves the manatees!

I had to do a separate video for the bird display as it deserved it's own video. By far the best display I've seen:

14556, Zia, littleRedPanda and 5 others like this.
  3. migdog

The next day we visited Zoo de la Fleche. Whilst not at the same level as Beauval, it was a nice zoo, and the polar bear underwater viewing was breath-taking:

Zia, littleRedPanda and dublinlion like this.
  4. NigeW

NigeW Well-Known Member 10+ year member

As ever Paul, a great watch. The bird show at Beauval is one spectacle of a show. I wouldn't know quite which way to point my camera!

I like your choice of soundtrack for the bird display vid too.

Keep em coming! :)

5. migdog

Thanks @NigeW The bird show was amazing. We're going back in 3 weeks so I might try and film some more so I missed so much the first time. I thought it deserved an epic piece of music, probably the best piece of music I've chosen for any of my videos to date. Now on to the next one - Zoo de Champrepus! :)

6. dublinlion

dublinlion Well-Known Member 10+ year member

The last few videos are amazing and so well edited. I have never seen Zoo film/videos that were quite so appealing and based on your Beauval video, I am going to make a point of visiting that part of France asap. Thanks for posting such great vids.

7. littleRedPanda

littleRedPanda Well-Known Member

Great to see some footage from both zoos. Makes me want to go back tomorrow!

8. migdog

Thanks for the kind comments, I'm glad people are enjoying them as much as I enjoy making them. They make great memories for me and Lynsey.

I hope you get to Beauval soon, it's definitely the best zoo we've visited.

9. migdog

Thanks, they are both amazing zoos. We're visiting Beauval again in 2 weeks and also visiting Bioparc - Zoo de Doué la Fontaine, hopefully this is another great zoo :)

Marcellus likes this.
  10. Zia

Zia Well-Known Member

Loved these last three videos - that bird show looks epic and the polar bear underwater viewing even more so! Thank you for posting :)

migdog likes this.
  11. migdog

The next zoo in our French adventure was Zoo de Champrepus. Smaller than Fleche and Beauval, it was still a nice zoo with a mix of animals. The highlight was playful the leopard cubs triplets. We could have watched them all day.

Chatt Wolf likes this.
  12. migdog

We're off to France tomorrow for this years mini zoo tour (We're going to Beauval, Bioparc Doue-le Fontaine and Refuge De L'Arche).

Here is the end of last years tour, Alligator Bay...

Our trip to France was the first real trip to overseas zoos (Vegas doesn't really count!). The zoos in France we visited were really enjoyable and paved the way for trips to Germany, Spain and Belgium later in 2016 and carried on this year.

13. migdog

Our first trip to a standalone aquarium in the UK was the Sea Life Centre in Great Yarmouth. I'm sure there are better in the UK, but we had a good time nonetheless....

14. migdog

Wow, it's been a month since I last posted a Zoo Tour video, I better start getting a move on as I'm falling further and further behind.

I finally completed #54 and am editing #55-57, hopefully they won't be too far behind.

Anyway, here it is, Tierpark Berlin...

15. migdog

A great day out at Berlin zoo for #55, including a cracking hippo experience...

16. BeakerUK

BeakerUK Well-Known Member

Great video, and what a fantastic experience - hippo chasing cat is not something you'd expect to see!

I started watching your videos last year and they inspired me to make my own videos of my zoo visits, which is great fun. Though they are taking up most of the storage on my laptop!

17. migdog

Thanks! They take me a lot of time but I enjoy looking back at the footage to remind me of each zoo. Do you post yours online? I have an external hard drive to store my footage! :)

18. BeakerUK

BeakerUK Well-Known Member

I may well have to invest in something like that for storage. I hadn't ever planned to share mine (with more than just boring the occasional family member with them when they visit!) but when a friend asked I realised I couldn't upload them to You Tube because of the music I used. They are mostly just to remind me of enjoyable visits, though I have been steadily improving my skills. I don't think I am missing a calling as a wildlife film-maker, though ;)

migdog likes this.
  19. migdog

A visit to Madrid's zoos would be the final stop on our 2016 tour. First up was Faunia, with a great nocturnal exhibit and indoor rainforest. And our final experience of the year as well - the VIP Mamíferos Marinos experience, getting up close with the parks fur seals and manatees.

dublinlion and pipaluk like this.
  20. NigeW

NigeW Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Excellent as ever. Faunia looks great, and different. Its now on my list :)

migdog likes this.