Join our zoo community

L`Oceanogràfic Valencia Penguins of L’oceanografic

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Randomname0183, 22 Oct 2021.

Tags:
  1. Randomname0183

Randomname0183 Well-Known Member

Hello, semi-new member of Zoochat here!

I would like to know about the Penguins of L’oceanografic. Recently I noticed that in the past a total of 4 species of Penguin have been kept in the Aquarium: Gentoo, Humboldt, King and Magellanic. However, there seems to be no info regarding the whereabouts of the later three species previously mentioned. ZTL doesn’t list if the kings (they are 4 individuals, and kept in the Antarctic exhibit) died or were moved away, or exactly where all the Humboldt and Magellanics went (however I do know for a fact that some of the Humboldts went to Barcelona).

Any info is welcome (this isn’t for research by the way, simply out of curiosity)

2. KEEPER

KEEPER Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Right now only Gentoo penguin are on show in Antartica (indoor) exhibit. All other 3 Sp. are not presents in the park.
    The King penguins were moved to Faunia, in Madrid.
    I doubt about if the Magellanic presence is correct, in any moment of the past... But I can be wrong.

Yassa likes this.
  3. Randomname0183

Randomname0183 Well-Known Member

This photo posted over in the Oceanografic gallery clearly depicts a magellanic in the Gentoo habitat (credit to the zoochatter who posted it Various Pictures of Valencia Exhibits - ZooChat) . Also, thanks for the input on the King Penguins

KEEPER likes this.
  4. KEEPER

KEEPER Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Ok I was wrong. ;)

Randomname0183 likes this.