Join our zoo community

Waccatee Zoo (Closed) PETA Attacks

Discussion in 'United States' started by birdsandbats, 20 Apr 2019.

1. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

2. Yi Qi

Yi Qi Well-Known Member

Considering Waccatee is a pretty crappy zoo that's full of corncrib cages from what i've seen, PETA may actually be in the right for once. As said before, many have suggested PETA should focus on trying to shut down and relocate crappy roadside zoos ad work with AZA zoos rather then attack them all.

3. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

From what I've seen, I doubt much would be lost in the closure of this place. This is one nasty looking establishment and removing it from existence isn't a bad idea. PETA may have the right idea here, but their issue is that they depict every zoo out there to look like this, when that is of course not the case.

zoomaniac and TZDugong like this.
  4. TZDugong

TZDugong Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Yeah I got this ad on zoochat as well, I found it a bit odd, but I think PETA is right in terms of this situation. This looks like a terrible institution and shutting it down seems like a good idea. This is a good example of what PETA should be doing, instead of protesting good zoos they should be helping to shut down the bad ones.

5. littleRedPanda

littleRedPanda Well-Known Member

It would be nice if there was a sizeable pro zoo group that stood against these pits, rather than give PETA the kudos