Join our zoo community

Tokiwa Zoo Pictures of tokiwa zoo.

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Idk, 30 Nov 2021.

Tags:
  1. Idk

Idk Active Member

I just found out about tokiwa zoo and I'm absolutely loving the zoo.But I can't seem to find any pictures of the exhibits on the internet.So I was hoping that someone might have some pictures or knows a site with them.

2. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Have you been there in person? If yes, maybe you can rwite a review, even without pics.

3. aardvark250

aardvark250 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

4. Idk

Idk Active Member

I haven't been there.

5. Idk

Idk Active Member

I was so surprised when I discovered the zoo.Cause when I see a small japanese zoo,if not most japanese zoos.They usually have too many species for the amount of space that they have access to.But tokiwa zoo gives alot of space for their animals,and also high quality exhibits I thought I'll only see in japan in major zoos(ueno,tama,zoorasia etc)

6. aardvark250

That's because Tokiwa zoo opened quite recently(2016). It was a horrible zoo before but they basically remake the zoo in the past few years.

StoppableSan and PossumRoach like this.
  7. Idk

Idk Active Member

Let's be honest.Even exhibits that were built after 2016 in japan are average at best with only a few exceptions.Which makes tokiwa zoo still looks super impressive with exhibits which probably can be in any Western zoo.(I think anyway)

8. aardvark250

Yeah. Let's hope there are more improvement to other zoo like Tokiwa. I think there are some progress made in the past decade but there are still a long way to go.

9. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

I'm confused - if you haven't been there and you can't find any photos of the exhibits on the internet, how are you forming your opinion on how great the zoo's exhibits are?

IndianRhino and PossumRoach like this.
  10. PossumRoach

PossumRoach Well-Known Member 5+ year member

if finingimages is difficult (despite lnowing that the zoo exists) then you can always search online by searching using the zoo's name in Japanese.

And I agree with Chli. In my opinion what you said is paradoxical at best, lacks sense at worst.

11. Idk

Idk Active Member

I have seen some videos and pictures zoomed into the animals so had somewhat of a image in my head of how the exhibits look like,but wanted full exhibit shots and couldn't find any.

And I meant I liked it by looking at it with japanese standards,which is very low.