Join our zoo community

Pin badges around the world

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by AdrianW1963, 23 Aug 2017.

1. AdrianW1963

AdrianW1963 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I was wondering if anyone else on here collects RSPB (or alike) pin badges from the UK and other countries like the Birdlife collections and others.

If so I would love to hear from you and see if it's possible to do a bit of trading or buying, if you have any web sites that would help me get to the suppliers so as they can get the benefits from for the charities they represent many thanks in advance.

2. Komodo99

Komodo99 Well-Known Member

I currently have the following for RSPB
    Adder(I used to ask at the RSPB stand if they had one,never did unfortunately so I bought it off of eBay)
    Pine Marten
    Buzzard
    I used to have the Scottish Wildcat but I lost it unfortunately.

I also have a Chester Zoo pin badge with the Sumatran Tiger on it that says Islands on it.

eBay is good for these badges,but I have heard that you can volunteer for a box of the badges to sell.

3. LaughingDove

LaughingDove Well-Known Member

I did used to collect these sorts of animal pin badges actually and had probably about 100 of them, mostly RSPB but also some WWF ones and others. Unfortunately the whole collection is currently inaccessible to me in the loft of my house in the UK which is let out.

4. AdrianW1963

I currently have over 800 with cards and around 150+ without cards, am looking for the old blue & white RSPB cards at the moment .

5. Komodo99

Komodo99 Well-Known Member

Only card I have left is the Adder.Grey and white colour.

6. AdrianW1963

Just received my delivery from India via a very trusted person containing 25 badges.
    I have the only complete (5) sets outside of India.

2 are allocated to people who have helped me in the past obtaining rare badges and one set will be sold (keep an eye out on e-bay later in the year) the other 2 will stay with me.

It's amazing what people will do for others if you ask correctly and are polite.