Join our zoo community

Pittsburgh Zoo Masterplan

Discussion in 'Fantasy Zoos' started by Anmltrnr98, 20 Apr 2020.

1. Anmltrnr98

Anmltrnr98 Member

I’ve been using this time in quarantine to create a new draft of my mock Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium masterplan. I’ve refined my ideas and improved my rendering abilities. I’d love to hear any questions or thoughts you have on layout, species, habitat size, or anything else for that matter. What should I work on next? Try to learn how to create better renderings of exhibits? A master plan for a new zoo?

Pittsburgh Zoo 2020 Masterplan

2. Echobeast

Echobeast Well-Known Member Premium Member

Really well put together!

nczoofan likes this.
  3. Loxodonta Cobra

Loxodonta Cobra Well-Known Member

This is genuinely really good! I would love to see your master plans for other zoos.

The only thing I would change is having sloth bears instead of Asiatic blacks, as the latter's being phased out of collections.

Last edited: 20 Apr 2020
  4. amur leopard

amur leopard Well-Known Member

Very good! I admire your powerpoint skills, as well as drawing all those maps with all those features!

A few things - the leopard exhibits may just be a bit too small. I know my username is Amur leopard and all, but maybe just a bit more space? Which small primates were you planning for the Africa - Forest area? Black crested mangabeys? Some kind of guenon?
    Otherwise, just something I noticed: the beaver area was labelled as 5900 sqft and the otter area as 2900 sqft yet the otter exhibit was at least twice as large on the map. Which one is the bigger one?

Again, really, really good. :)

5. Ituri

Ituri Well-Known Member

I'm impressed.

6. natel12

natel12 Well-Known Member

This is really well done, but the zoo would never do this sadly. The idea to even build a new orangutan exhibit was scrapped years ago, sadly. They change their minds too much.