Join our zoo community

ZOO Antwerpen Plan

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by brongracz, 23 Nov 2010.

Tags:
  1. brongracz

brongracz Active Member

Hey. I am looking for a plan of the zoo for the purpose of an architectural master project. I consulted the Zoo, Felixarchief, Onroerend Erfgoed Provincie Antwerpen. All of them claimed that they cannot provide it for me. Does anybody possess sth that could be helpful? (I do not mean the zoo folder) Even a better quality picture of the master plan would be helpful.
    bronATgraczDOTpro

2. Philipine eagle

Philipine eagle Well-Known Member 15+ year member

To my knowledge there're are no known docs available with the exceptation of some drawings of the architects. Antwerp Zoo is overall very conservative in giving information of it's future plans.

3. jwer

jwer Well-Known Member 15+ year member

"a plan"? Do you mean the Zoo Map at the moment, or drawings or ideas of future projects?

4. Baldur

Baldur Well-Known Member

Please don't start a thread again with "Hey". It's how almost all spam e-mails begin and it is usually in the title too. Spam messages annoy me and I delete them without reading them. I cannot delete a thread but I will most likely ignore it, and so might others around here. More polite is to say "Hello" or "Dear All" or something along those lines.

5. brongracz

brongracz Active Member

Dear All,

@Philipine eagle I noticed that. I came across some low-res materials from the competition for the master plan of zoo which was won by Robbrecht en Daem. I am currently using these jpg's to recover some map information.

@jwer It could be a plan with current situation or out of date (like with the buildings on the side of Ommeganckstraat still existing). Even one that would be 10-20 years out of date would be great. Future plans are also good as they always contain a certain amount of current information. In general any map of the Zoo (except for the visitor plans) which would be a hi-res raster image or preferably a dwg AutoCAD file or any other vector based detailed map would be of much help. (pdf can also be a container for digital vector imagery).
    I am looking for a professional underlay map which an architect could use to design on. Technical infrastructure (cables, pipes) is not important. In my study I can work in imaginary technical background.

The purpose is strictly non-commercial, not for commercial publication, non-profit, not for further distribution. It is only for purpose of making a master project for the degree of master engineer architect at Łódź Technical University. To be presented fore a jury.

@Baldur Sorry. I am not a big forum-worm. I am not aware of the realities. I take your advice as a guideline from now on. ;)

6. forumbully

forumbully Well-Known Member

As I understand, you're looking for an architectural drawing of the entire zoo.

I don't think there is such a thing available anywhere (including the zoos own archives)
    The zoo as an institute is over 150 years old, but all buildings have been erected at different points during it's history.

I would try to ask for architectural drawings of a few specific buildings.
    If you really want architectural maps of a complete zoo, best bets are recently built zoos like Gaiapark or Dierenrijk in the Netherlands.

For really old zoos, you have schönnbrunn in Austria or Rotterdam Zoo who have initially been drawn by 1 architect. but bear in mind that they have undergone vast changes and extensions during recent years. Most likely none of them has a recent architectual drawing of the entire zoo. Simply because there is no use for it.

7. brongracz

brongracz Active Member

I have drawings of many buildings in the zoo. I am no looking for them anymore. I am looking for aa map of the Zoo.

I am pretty sure that an up to date map exists. It is only difficult to get it.
    Geodetic services of a coutry are usually obligated to maintain an up-to-date map of the entire territory.

Here is an example of such service. CADMAP (AGIV) - CADMAP - Producten - AGIV - AGIV Agentschap voor Geografische Informatie Vlaanderen

For example in Poland I can get a vector preview of any part of my community in scale, with buildings etc.

Greetings!