Join our zoo community

Planet Zoo Planet Zoo Beta

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by SivatheriumGuy, 23 Sep 2019.

1. Anteaterman

Anteaterman Well-Known Member 5+ year member

The silhouette I saw was not standing on a rock, but just to find out if you indeed saw an Ibex or if it was just a Sable, was this the decal you saw?
    IMG_5553.jpg

2. NSU42

NSU42 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

From what I understood, the buildings uploaded to the workshop will not transfer over to the actual release and work in the game. Thats just the way I understood it, but I may have missed something and be wrong.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2019
  3. Daubentoniidae

Daubentoniidae Well-Known Member 5+ year member

That better not be the case cause I've spent the last few days trying to recreate the Cotton Terraces at London Zoo in order to save it as a blueprint.

4. NSU42

This is a qoute from the Planet Zoo team on the beta and steam workshop:

"The Planet Zoo Steam Workshop will be activated during the Beta, which means you can upload and share any in-game blueprints you create! However, please note that we cannot guarantee to support your Beta blueprints upon launch, as we may need to wipe your blueprints if we discover something post-Beta that invalidates them."

So I guess it may be possible that you can use those blueprints upon the actual release, but isn't guaranteed. I honestly haven't spent nearly as much time playing the beta as I will the actual game specifically for this reason. The game is highly addicting for me and lots of fun with the attention to detail that can be put into it, but it doesn't seem worth the time to create this grand zoo and buildings if I won't be able to access them when the actual game comes out.

That quote above came from this post on the Planet Zoo forums: Planet Zoo - More Beta Information!

Edit: cross posted with BigNate. Jinx dude!

BigNate likes this.
  5. taun

taun Well-Known Member

They might not be there full release but still want to upload them just incase. I have only been playing the better to understand how to play the game, the whole building things is new to me so I have tried building a few things to get used to the game.

Two of the buildings I have created I would like to save in hope I can bring them into full game to develop more but if not no worries.

NSU42 likes this.
  6. Daniel Sörensen

Daniel Sörensen Birdlover Premium Member 5+ year member

I don't know if this has already been covered in this thread, but when the beta released and people could download the game it was also possible to go into the game files and find information. It's called "data mining".

I can't do it myself but I've seen several other people do it on Twitter and Discord and they have been sharing what kind of information they found.
    First of all, they found files with several new unrevealed animals, that most likely (but not 100%) will be in the full game on release. I will not say in this post what kind of animals there is in case any of you want to get surprised when the full game is out, but there are some pretty nice animals.

The files seem to be correct so far, as animals that got revealed on twitter by Planet Zoo/Frontier is also in the files (even before they got revealed).
    One example that I can talk about because it accidentally got leaked by one of the Community Managers during a livestream on Youtube yesterday is the Japanese macaque.

Here is a list with all animals that have been found so far, some of the animals actually have a file in the game files for the animal itself. While other of these animals only have a file of a sign or a flag (for example a Japanese macaque sign/flag) or a soundfile which probably indicates that the animal will be in the game on full release.
    Don't click it if you want the animals to be a surprise, this is a list with the already revealed animals and the animals that have not been revealed: Planet Zoo animal roster (not my list)

Even though this seems to be the animal roster so far it can change and might not be 100% correct. In all games, there are often things in the game files that won't make it, or if the developers change their minds about something it might not make it into the game. They might even add more animals, or replace some animals.
    SO DO NOT GET TOO HAPPY (OR SAD) ABOUT THE LIST.

Last edited: 6 Oct 2019
  7. SivatheriumGuy

SivatheriumGuy Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I like it. I still find the tigons a weird and inecessary inclusion, but I really like the rest.

Daniel Sörensen likes this.
  8. Daniel Sörensen

Daniel Sörensen Birdlover Premium Member 5+ year member

Agreed. They want to focus a lot on animal welfare and preservation, so I agree that it is a weird thing to have in the game. It might just be something from an earlier stage and might get scrapped. Or maybe it will only be visible in some of the scenarios or something to point out things about hybrid breeding.

SivatheriumGuy likes this.
  9. Shirokuma

Shirokuma Well-Known Member

I just saw that, it was quite awkward especially as the other manager just completely ignored what she said...

Interestingly this list differs slightly from other lists of data-mined species I have seen. I won’t say exactly how to avoid spoilers.

Daniel Sörensen likes this.
  10. BigNate

BigNate Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Friendly reminder than the beta ends October 8th

11. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

You should delete all the fences on the last day. ;)

12. Daubentoniidae

My animals keep escaping anyway for no reason so there's no need!

13. NSU42

So I did not log nearly as much time on this game as many, but I spent enough time on this game to be extremely annoyed by one thing that is very different from zoo tycoon, which is.....

The fact that I can't place a fence and then landscape up to it. In zoo tycoon, I could place the fence, and then make all the land on the exhibit side of the fence a steep cliff to keep animals in with a low wall (just one example). In Planet Zoo, you must landscape the exhibit, then place the fence and path. I find it especially difficult to get everything to line up properly. Obviously, I got better at this the more I played, but it wasn't the easiest. The one trick I found, was to place the paths and you were then able to landscape pretty nicely up to those. The last step would be to then place the fence between them. I don't know how others felt about this, for me I was extremely annoyed, even though I realize this way is much more realistic to actually building an exhibit. Anyone have any other tips for shaping the exhibits to your liking?

14. Daubentoniidae

I find it especially annoying that you can't just place paths anywhere you want, they have to connect up to existing paths and most of the fences can't curve so you get stuck with rigid square-looking enclosures. I did however find this video which might help people in the future who are looking to build interesting structures ().

I think the best thing to do with regards to the fences is to place individual posts in areas you want the fence to go and then build the rest of the fence in between them so you get the shape you want, otherwise you get the message 'panel is too short' and you are forced to connect it up diagonally which looks less desirable.

EsserWarrior likes this.
  15. NSU42

That was part of my frustration with the entire thing as well, getting things to match up with the paths. Thanks for the tip with placing the posts first. I will have to try that tonight before the Beta goes offline. I will also be sure to watch the video when I get the chance.

16. MonkeyBat

MonkeyBat Well-Known Member

I'm going to miss my zoo. It consists of two wild Dogs, four ostriches, two Galapagos tortoises, two Poison frogs, a tarantula and a boa constrictor. RIP Betabourg Zoo :(

17. BigNate

My first zoo is -$80,000 in debt, we won't talk about it :p

My second zoo had an awkward looking dome building, with habitats for a rhino duo, a trio of tapirs, and a tiger. Plans were also in place for hippos, buffalo, and giraffes to get exhibits in the dome. Outside there were two habitats for grizzlies and lemurs I picked up off the workshop.

Didn't play as much as I would have liked to, however tonight I went on, bought one of every animal I hadn't seen for myself yet, then sold everything and completely deconstructed my zoo.

RIP Test 1 and Test 2 :(

Really looking forward to the full release...

MonkeyBat likes this.
  18. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

My zoo had a reptile house with 2 goliath frogs, 6 Lehmann's frog, 2 boa constrictors, an empty exhibit that was supposed to be for yellow anacondas, 2 Galapagos tortoises, 2 Aldabra tortoises, a lot of peafowl, an insect house with a single Brazilian wandering spider, 2 goliath birdeaters, 2 giant forest scorpions, 7 titan beetles, an African area with a lot of ring-tailed lemurs, a pair of mandrill, a pair of Nile monitors, and a herd of African buffalo. I'm gonna miss it :(

19. EsserWarrior

EsserWarrior Well-Known Member 5+ year member

The full game isn't far away at all, though. Just think about how much more stable and rich it will be. Plus, we'll have sandbox mode to do whatever we want in. I'm excited to make a full-blown primate facility.

Anteaterman likes this.
  20. BigNate

According to Twitter, the beta has ended