Join our zoo community

Planet Zoo Planet Zoo!

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by TNT, 24 Apr 2019.

1. Sarus Crane

Sarus Crane Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I have several questions:

1) Is there a way to scale certain objects or structures in the game like how in Zoo Tycoon 2 you could go into the main animal file and change a number through notepad and then the animal would be resized in the game no matter how big or small? I want to do this with certain objects like some of the props from the Africa/India packs.

2) Can you download models from SketchFab and put them in the game? I found some cool objects ranging from animal skeletons, historic artifacts, sculptures, and even mummy cases that I would really like to put into a museum I'm building in the game.

3) Is there a way to make taxidermy props out of the animal mods already made for the game? Like you take the animal as it is but just have it without animations or sounds and it's a still prop? I really like this because I've run out of props from the taxidermy pieces from the Africa/India packs already. Especially for the great lineup of modded birds for the game. I really want to make a hall of birds!!!

I have never modded anything before and it looks difficult. Thanks for your help!

JigerofLemuria likes this.
  2. SerriGaming

SerriGaming Member

1) I think the only way to scale props would be to get into prop modding, which is already a quite advanced form of modding Planet Zoo. In comparison, resizing animals is much easier and pretty much amounts to changing a number in a database. However, with props you'd have to do it in Blender and resize the hitboxes and everything too.

2) You could do that, but again prop mods are a quite advanced form of modding and requires some experience. Unfortunately, the tutorials out there are mostly outdated.

3) Making taxidermy props is basically the same as making props from SketchFab models, but instead of a downloaded model, you just export an animal pose from the animal files in Blender and import it into your prop file.

As I said, the tutorials are mostly outdated. The easiest way to find help is by joining the modding community over on Discord. If you're lucky enough, you might find someone who's willing to even do some of the taxidermy for you.

Sarus Crane and JigerofLemuria like this.
  3. David Matos Mendes

David Matos Mendes Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I've been a bit absent from this forum lately. Do we have any hints of DLC's to come?

4. Fallax

Fallax Well-Known Member 5+ year member

We are still a month out from any news currently

5. JigerofLemuria

JigerofLemuria Well-Known Member 5+ year member

We probably won't get any news until late march or even early april. I must say that the wait is killing me... Fingers crossed that there will be at least ONE flying bird species; they already have bats and butterflies, they really have no excuses now.

Last edited: 24 Feb 2023
  6. Corangurilla

Corangurilla Well-Known Member

Meh, I don’t find the wait that bad. I’ve come to expect the Spring DLCs to release during the times you mentioned, unlike the friggin’ Twilight Pack which took WAY too long to even be announced.

7. Cobi

Cobi Well-Known Member

The release is usually the week before Easter so I’m expecting news in mid to late March and the release on 4 April.

8. David Matos Mendes

David Matos Mendes Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree. And also, even if we get only one species of flying bird, I'm sure our dear modders will develop several new ones for us using the model ha ha.

9. Corangurilla

The week before Easter, you say?
    What is Easter associated with? Eggs.
    What animals lay eggs? Birds.
    And I’m not grasping at straws, that genuinely sounds like something they’d do for the special stream.

10. Cobi

Cobi Well-Known Member

I actually think Easter is irrelevant here as it always releases just before. What is more relevant is bats followed by butterflies. To me, birds are the obvious next step.

11. Leaf Productions

Leaf Productions Well-Known Member

I hope we get news

12. StoppableSan

StoppableSan Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I hope we get news as well, my good sir.

JigerofLemuria and Corangurilla like this.
  13. Corangurilla

Remember, the Spring DLCs are always announced near the end of March.
    • South America: Announced March 31st, released April 7th.
    • Southeast Asia: Announced March 18th, released March 30th.
    • Wetlands: Announced March 29th, released April 12th.
    And we don’t know if this is going to be another Animal Pack (since those usually release in the spring) or a scenery pack (because the last pack was an animal pack).

14. BetoYoung

BetoYoung Well-Known Member

as everyone here is talking about if the dlc is another animal pack or a scenary pack, i would say it's probably a scenary, since the grasslands dlc was an animal pack, then we should get a normal pack.

15. JigerofLemuria

In that case, maybe a Highlands pack would be better, as the range of animals is smaller, but still VERY important. I'd most like to see...
    - Takin
    - Gelada/ Hamadryas baboon
    - Barbary sheep/ Markhor
    - Spectacled bear
    - Andean condor (new, larger, none walk-through exhibit)/ kea (walkthrough)

ifesbob, Matt_C, BetoYoung and 3 others like this.
  16. CrashMegaraptor

CrashMegaraptor Well-Known Member

I think, for a small pack at least, a Highlands or Island pack would make sense. The latter would give them the chance to add the much requested Tasmanian Devil and maybe the long-hinted LHI Stick Insect.

17. BetoYoung

this would be great, but if i had to be honest, i'd be very disappointed to see the largest bird of prey in the world being a box exhibit animal, i totally believe one day frontier can be able to create free flying mechanics with new things like the limit of how high flying birds can fly, and land on the very top of a high pole. And new animations and interactions, such as playing, nuzzling, or even fighting. although i'd prefer and islands pack, a highlands pack would be good.

18. BetoYoung

along with fossa,nēnē and tree kangaroo would be great.

19. JigerofLemuria

I would also prefer the condor to be a habitat animal... But things may not pan out that way, who knows?

20. BetoYoung

yeah, you're right.