Join our zoo community

Planet Zoo Planet Zoo!

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by TNT, 24 Apr 2019.

1. Loxodonta Cobra

Loxodonta Cobra Well-Known Member 5+ year member

To anyone who does have Planet Zoo, is it worth getting? I'm thinking about getting a new computer for Christmas to buy and play the game. What are some of the recommended computers to purchase for the game (desktop vs laptop)? What are some of the pros/cons of the game that currently exist? And should I wait to get it until more stuff is released, bugs are fixed etc?

evilmonkey239 and EsserWarrior like this.
  2. EsserWarrior

EsserWarrior Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I'd say it's worth getting. One of the most disappointing things is how over-exaggerated the personalities of the animals were proclaimed to be. For example, they talked about how shy animals will hide away from the public, as well as that personality traits would be passed to offspring. All of the individual animals are the same when it comes to their personalities.

evilmonkey239 and Ebirah766 like this.
  3. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Yes, Frontier lied about a lot of stuff. Summer beta, individual animal traits, stuff like that. Get the deluxe edition if you want all the animals.

4. taun

taun Well-Known Member

Technical they never said summer and if they did technically it still was summer.
    Individual animal traits, any actually prove they don't exist?
    Only way to get all the animals is deluxe. Don't mind criticism where valid but this all off the mark.

The game isn't perfect but the enjoyment out ways the flaws.

evilmonkey239, TNT and Anteaterman like this.
  5. Loxodonta Cobra

Loxodonta Cobra Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Has/is anyone using shadow tech online gaming to stream planet zoo instead of buying a new computer?

6. BigNate

BigNate Well-Known Member 5+ year member

birdsandbats and EsserWarrior like this.
  7. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

There's also a rumored DLC to go along with it, let's hope that's true.

8. SivatheriumGuy

SivatheriumGuy Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I hope for King penguin (Just for the sake of realism, we all know they are going to be Emporeors), Caribou and Polar bear.

9. taun

taun Well-Known Member

Maybe why they weirdly called it a "free" update?

TBH, nothing really exciting in the update.

10. taun

taun Well-Known Member

Anyone doing the community challenge this week? how you all getting on?

I am sat at 61 zebra bred, should be 75+ by the end of the night! :D

11. taun

taun Well-Known Member

12. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I don't think there's any doubt to the identity here! This thread is going to get exiting again!

13. taun

taun Well-Known Member

Its a yeti holding up a pair of antlers...haha

evilmonkey239 likes this.
  14. SivatheriumGuy

SivatheriumGuy Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Aaaaah yeees! New animals! Just for when I get to play the game!

15. taun

taun Well-Known Member

77 with one female left to give birth.

Expect to get to around 125 and stop I think, should give me the top rewards.

16. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I played it for the first time this week and found everything about PZ needlessly complicated; except for breeding, which still isn’t complex enough.

I’m a lad, and lads hate reading instructions so I figured screw the tutorial, I’ll work it out as I go (like I did with Zoo Tycoon 2 etc.) After playing half of the world’s slowest tutorial, I got stuck when it wouldn’t let me place that stupid keeper’s hut near the ostrich.

I’ve now given up and am googling questions as I go, but it’s hard work. I think the issue is that I had very little interest in anything else but creating breeding programmes in ZT2. I was never that interested in aesthetics of flower gardens or providing buildings with a power supply. In ZT2, you could just get on a do your thing without worrying about all the tedious (albeit realistic) aspects of running a zoo.

17. taun

taun Well-Known Member

Yes I have found making guest happy a bigger part of this game than in Zoo Tycoon 2, where you could mostly ignore the guests and you would be fine money wise. At least 50% of my guest at the moment turn up go to some shops and leave without seeing any animals and then want a refund so my zoos are crippled at the moment :(

The species that breed more regularly are a bit of a pain in game as they need more management.

18. Zoofan15

Even placing paths and buildings is a drama in my game, it looks a mess. I legit used to close my zoo sometimes when playing Zoo Tycoon 2, especially when the guests got stupid around the Ethiopian wolf exhibit; but I don’t know if you can do that in Planet Zoo.

I built an exhibit for African wild dog and it had one piece of pathway where you could view the exhibit. About a hundred guests crammed onto that one square to see them, though to be fair they’re the only exhibit. It’s either that or look at the generator.

19. taun

taun Well-Known Member

you can close the zoo but they will all get refunds, cost me £250k to close the zoo when I had issues to reset the guests and it didn't help...gone from a healthy bank balance to point where I don't dare play it as I will become bankrupt.

Best to in challenge or franchise to build a zoo with one or tow exhibits and run it for 20 odd years and you will have plenty of cash as a buffer.

Zoofan15 likes this.
  20. Zoofan15

I played Planet Zoo for the second time today. Despite not being able to access the tutorial, I’ve managed to work a few more things out. I love the genetics aspect and how it plays out with the offspring.

A few of questions:

1. Can females not breed again until their offspring are fully grown? This is all well and good for a species with a two year childhood; but seems a bit silly to have a female Western chimpanzee out of action for 15 years, when in real life she’d breed again 3-5 years after her last birth.

2. What’s the largest litter you can have of African wild dog pups? I’ve bred five litters to date, ranging from 1-3 pups.

3. Can the great apes ever have twins?