Join our zoo community

Planet Zoo Planet Zoo!

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by TNT, 24 Apr 2019.

1. amur leopard

amur leopard Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Just looking at the London zoo map next to me now I can't really tell the difference and I easily recognised everything. Are you going to do Tiger Territory and Land of the LIons or stick to older areas of the zoo?
    Are you going to have the animals in their exhibits?

2. Daubentoniidae

Daubentoniidae Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I think I'll make the zoo as it is now (with all the new buildings) and I've already included the animals that I can within the exhibits (Giraffes, Zebras, Okapi, Wild Dogs, Warthogs & Pygmy Hippos). I have no idea how I'll build the Snowdon yet but I may just leave it out.

I'll just use African Lions for Land of the Lions because Asiatic obviously aren't in the game (yet) and same goes for a Bengal Tiger for Asim in Tiger Territory. Gorilla Kingdom should be straightforward enough and Ring-Tailed Lemurs for In with the Lemurs / Exterior Roundhouse. I've also got the Komodo Dragon, Galapagos Tortoises, Flamingos and Bactrian Camels ready to go in once their areas are complete.

Once the Casson is complete I might be tempted to add in a couple of Indian Rhinos for fun while I wait for marsupials in a future DLC and more ratites for 'Outback'. Alternatively I could make the Mappins into 'Bear Mountain' by using the Formosan's Black Bear as Sloth Bears or even Polar Bears and Dall Sheep.

I've also got the five or so available reptiles that are actually featured within ZSL in their terrariums in the Reptile House.

I'm sure that in future DLCs we'll get Kangaroos, Emus, Penguins and Meerkats or maybe even Red River Hogs / Bearded Pigs and Aye-Ayes if we're lucky!

3. Anteaterman

Anteaterman Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Planet Zoo - Update 1.2 coming 7 April
    A free update is coming out on April 7, it will feature new difficulty settings, genealogy UI, changes to animal feeding, breakdown of guest happiness in their information panels, search added to Zoopedia, and path system improvements. It will also include some changes to staff buildings. If you build a structure around a staff building, it will reduce the negative impact by up to 50%. There will also be new architecture pieces and tropical rocks, along with new foliage.
    An image was deleted from the post on the forums, this image:
    EUCLjesXsAAURnq.jpg
    It shows new glass pieces and possibly some new foliage. But there is also some new bamboo architecture in the background. This might be a stretch, but I think it could be a hint to a DLC arriving alongside the free update. Asian DLC maybe? Also, this image was revealed on Twitter and Instagram:
    EUHVJPGXQAAq5V5.jpg
    There's definitely some sort of stone temple in the background, and Planet Zoo's description of the image was:
    "On your way to the zoo, you come across a strange hiking trail! Intrigued, you follow the trail, wondering where it will take you. The birds are chirping, the air feels warm... Wait, where are you?"

4. TNT

TNT Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I'm hoping that this is hinting towards the next DLC?

Anteaterman likes this.
  5. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I’m glad there’s going to be a genealogy update. I have to date been a little underwhelmed with the family tree side of things - in that the family tree only records immediate family members (and forgets them once they die/are exported). I’d also be nice if gold animals were more readily available in the store. I have two gold packs of African wild dogs and swap males/females over every couple of generations because there’s none available in the store; and no family tree to tell them they’re related.

If I could change two other things in Planet Zoo:

Something to filter vegetation by species. I’m sick of using guess work. Who’d have thought the Japanese macaque would hate the Japanese maple tree to the extreme it did?

Being able to click on a running animal. I assumed my mouse work on the Springbok calf wasn’t accurate enough; but I clicked on the back of that zebra stallion (a larger target) a trillion times to no avail.

ZooBinh, Anteaterman and TNT like this.
  6. SivatheriumGuy

SivatheriumGuy Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I would guess that the next DLC will be the South American one.

TNT likes this.
  7. Daubentoniidae

If so, we better get Giant Anteaters and Jaguars!

Anteaterman and TNT like this.
  8. TNT

I really hope so!

9. SivatheriumGuy

Yes, please! I see a South American camelid and the giant otter as great candidates too.

10. Daubentoniidae

And a Maned Wolf or two!

SivatheriumGuy likes this.
  11. TNT

Unless they plan on adding a huge upgrade to the "swimming mechanics", I highly doubt we'll be seeing Giant Otters (which is a shame).

12. SivatheriumGuy

I wish you weren't right...

TNT likes this.
  13. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I think otters are a big possibility.

14. MonkeyBat

MonkeyBat Well-Known Member

A lot of animals in the game have swimming mechanics (crocodiles, gharials, monitors) so I would guess they could fix up those mechanics a little for the otters.

15. Daubentoniidae

Is it too much of a stretch to include Manatees, or possibly Boto?

16. Loxodonta Cobra

Loxodonta Cobra Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Right now? Yes
    In the future? Unlikely

17. Anteaterman

Anteaterman Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Planet Zoo posted this new image on social media:
    Screenshot (431).png

18. Loxodonta Cobra

Loxodonta Cobra Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Gives me a Mayan or Aztec vibe looking at it, hopefully that means the long-awaited Latin American animals! If we’re following the same rule as the Arctic pack (2 carnivores and 2 herbivores) I’d bet jaguars, giant anteater, capybara, and a caiman species but I would kill for more variety than that.

19. Daubentoniidae

All we need now are some small mammal terrariums like Vampire Bats, Possums or Kinkajou to go in this place but this is unlikely for now...

Zoofan15 and SivatheriumGuy like this.
  20. SivatheriumGuy

Imagine this one being a big DLC with more new mechanisms and building types and more than 4 animals...