Join our zoo community

Planet Zoo Planet Zoo!

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by TNT, 24 Apr 2019.

1. taun

taun Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself I have to work....and the only place I can work at home is at the gaming computer desk....so I cannot really play in the week. :(

2. (Adsa)

(Adsa) Well-Known Member

This is awful, 5 animals. One thing Frontier has failed to deliver in PlanZo DLC is adding new mechanics in PlanCo every DLC added something to the game other than just rides. If you’re not going to add new mechanics surely we deserve more animals than this.

3. TNT

TNT Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Believe me, I'd be working if my placement hadn't been suspended. I'm waiting for a meeting this Friday to allow for me to take part in new research :)

Last edited: 31 Mar 2020
  4. SivatheriumGuy

SivatheriumGuy Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Species I *expect*:
    -Amur leopard
    -Giant or Asian short-clawed otter
    -Moose
    -Red deer
    -Cassowary
    -Red kangaroo
    -Tasmanian devil
    -Common wombat
    -Red river hog
    -Meerkat
    -Penguins (I expect that they will go the big but unrealistic way and get Emperor penguins)
    More but these are the most calling. I would say koalas too but you know... I also dream of birds...

5. DesertRhino150

DesertRhino150 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

The only animal I truly *expect* is the red kangaroo, if an Australia Pack comes out. I strongly suspect we will get a subspecies of leopard and a species of African rhinoceros somewhere down the line. Otherwise, I am personally not going to expect anything.

The base game had the largest starting roster of any zoo simulator, to the best of my knowledge - anything that comes after that will be a treat.

6. taun

taun Well-Known Member

Appears the new expansion has not gone down too well on steam reviews. Generally they are complaints about the lack of animals...which I total agree with.

Not asking for an expansion the size of zoo tycoon ones but at least make it 10 animals in a pack.

evilmonkey239 likes this.
  7. TNT

I like the new expansion, and I'm having a great time so far! 5 hours in and I've only used Jaguar! I do wish people would stop complaining, we are in the middle of a global pandemic, so releasing the DLC can't have been easy. The new building materials are another great addition!

8. taun

taun Well-Known Member

So just because the world is rubbish right now people should not complain about paying £8 for 4 animals?

I wont be buying it as I think better saving my money right now and plus its not worth it imo.

9. TNT

5 animals technically, and what about the 100's of new building pieces? I've spent hours constructing a temple... I can't remember the last time I had so much fun with this game! Don't forget, we've had the new free update that has some great new features - especially the genealogy, which has been a huge help in my Jaguar breeding facility.

10. taun

taun Well-Known Member

I want to play the game because I am interested in the animals. Building peaces are nice but I get more excited about the animals than anything else. I don't really play sandbox mode because I enjoy create and managing a zoo, managing breeding.

I welcome some of the peaces but the peaces and "5" animals (don't really use exhibit animals) for £8 just doesn't make me want to part with my money. 8 animals then maybe I would have been more willing to part with my money.

Each to our own, I think I would rather keep my money atm. I really enjoy the game but the DLC content has left me disappointed. I might treat myself when they go on sale and I feel it maybe more worth it for the value.

11. Charlie Simmomds

Charlie Simmomds Well-Known Member 5+ year member

One thing to note about DLC, this is the way frontier have always done it, especially with planet coster. It’s a tried and tested method that works. Consider maybe that the DLC for some of the Jurassic world evolution stuff is a bit more pricey, for a new small campaign and 5 new dinos with the Dr Wu pack you’re spending 12 odd British pounds. With planet zoo you’re getting far more - 5 new animals and lots of new creative pieces. It’s important also to note the base game had over 60 animals more than most zoo games at launch. It seems like planet coaster this is a long hall game, I doubt frontier will change a method that worked for them in the past, but I do thoroughly understand people’s issues with it all. I don’t have the gams personally, my laptop can not run it - it only just about runs the original rome total war, in my view it is worth it, but if you want to save your money that’s totally fine, it’s a free country, I won’t try and sell it to people as that’s not my job, I just think some of the complaints need a little context.

boro745 and TNT like this.
  12. taun

taun Well-Known Member

The game is amazing and I do recommend people to buy the base game. I suppose I have missed 10 years of gaming where the industry has changed. I am used to big expansions as it came on a disk.

I have ask the question elsewhere if this was a frontier thing, small little DLC packs. Having never played planet coaster.

SivatheriumGuy likes this.
  13. SivatheriumGuy

I "like" the current DLC system, but I think that continents like South America, Australia, and Europe should have been more animal-centered since they are the ones that truly lack species ingame, with less pieces than the ones current DLC's give. Maybe make region-based DLC's of already well-represented continents in games, with 4 animals+1 exhibit animal and the building pieces.

14. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Steam is having a sale on Planet Zoo and other Frontier games, for any of you guys who have been eyeing it but haven't gone for it yet. All Planet Zoo stuff is on sale except for the South America pack. (although if you get the Planet Zoo Premium Edition, which is 31% off, you get all DLC including the South America pack) I'd like to get it, but my laptop only has 6GB RAM and Planet Zoo requires 8GB minimum, and it's gonna be a while before I can afford a new laptop, lol. Or at least, I should really get around to learning how to upgrade the RAM.

boro745 and Zoofan15 like this.
  15. SivatheriumGuy

That's nice! I might buy the arctic pack, but I'm more interested in the South American one.

16. taun

taun Well-Known Member

Arctic discount is less than a pound...I hope at some point they might be on sale for around £5. I will buy them then.

17. SivatheriumGuy

I saw it... I'm not up to pay that money yet for three interesting animals and pieces I know that I won't use a lot.

18. TheMightyOrca

Since the game is still pretty recent, the discounts aren't gonna be very high. But if you wait a while, future sales will have better deals. They have Planet Coaster for 75% off. I actually bought it, I'm going to see how it runs on my computer. If it does okay on low settings I may consider buying Planet Zoo during a future sale.

boro745 and SivatheriumGuy like this.
  19. TheMightyOrca

Played Planet Coaster. Ran fine when I had no visitors but would get choppy when I had them. No Planet Zoo for me until I get a better computer! In the meantime I can play with the Planet Coaster tools so I know what I'm doing if/when I get to Planet Zoo.

20. BongoHardwood

BongoHardwood Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Loving the game myself and there’s so many possibilities! I’ve got a list of species I’d like as I’m currently recreating Whipsnade Zoo in the game. Think a lot of the different antelope would add some relatively easy variety, some smaller carnivores, some different monkeys and a few larger birds like pelicans/cranes would be good!

Not sure if links are allowed but I’ve started making videos showing my recreation of the zoo here: :)

BigNate likes this.