Join our zoo community

Planet Zoo Planet Zoo!

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by TNT, 24 Apr 2019.

1. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Planet Zoo. Why release modding if they plan on having a ton more DLC for years to come? Wouldn't that cut into profits?

PZ doesn't seem to be more popular than PC was so I wouldn't expect to get much more content than PC did. That said, I do hope the leak is wrong and we get more than two more DLC packs lol.

2. TheMightyOrca

Planet Zoo. Why release modding if they plan on having a ton more DLC for years to come? Wouldn't that cut into profits?

PZ doesn't seem to be more popular than PC was so I wouldn't expect to get much more content than PC did. Even if the DLC is selling well enough, the developers probably want to move on to other projects at some point.

That said, I don't believe the leak is real. Hopefully, we get more than two more DLC packs!

3. Great Argus

Great Argus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

African Pack is confirmed after files were discovered after yesterday's patch. African Penguin, Fennec Fox, Meerkat, and Southern White Rhino at minimum, plus a new theme & scenery. That means the only likely addition is a exhibit animal. Unfortunately it looks like Secretarybird and Hamadryas Baboon are not on the docket, Black Mamba may be the exhibit animal, we'll have to wait and see.

4. TheChukaulorian

TheChukaulorian Well-Known Member

Shame on the secretary bird apparently being left out. If Africa isn't going to be an Animal Pack after all (btw what building theme could it be? Ancient Egyptian?) I'd preferred either this bird or a ground hornbill instead of the penguin, mostly for the sake of diversity (though granted Spheniscus penguins are very common in captivity).

Either that or let's cross fingers for an expanded DLC that also happens to feature new scenery. Maybe the relative success of the SE Asia pack has renewed their confidence.

evilmonkey239 likes this.
  5. Great Argus

Great Argus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

It's tagged simply as "North African", so who knows.

I agree there, especially with penguins showing up frequently as mods now. But I understand the choice.

There is new scenery coming in this pack to my understanding, presumably related to the building theme.

evilmonkey239 likes this.
  6. Mickey

Mickey Well-Known Member

Saw the video, such a shame that the builder's community got what they wanted. This is a ZOO game, if you want to build the Taj Mahal or Empire State Building go to Planet Coaster. Most people in this game come from Zoo Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon 2, it's really upsetting doubting that I might not be able to have the roster of my dreams (or the nearest thing to it) because people want building pieces while more than half of the playerbase didn't even touch a quarter of all of them.

7. TheChukaulorian

TheChukaulorian Well-Known Member

If they wanted to pander to the building-oriented fanbase (which is pretty substantial, despite the equally large amount of people who got into PZ to relive the old tycoon simulator days) they could have chosen a North American pack for that, with a Wild West or Pacific Northwest-themed building set.

8. TheMightyOrca

Maybe a Moroccan building theme? That would be cool.

TheChukaulorian likes this.
  9. OkapiJohn

OkapiJohn Well-Known Member

A lot of games support modding and are super profitable! E.g Europa Universalis 4, Hearts of Iron, Cities Skylines, Age of Empires, Totalwar series, etc... Europa Universalis and Cities skylines exist already since 2015! And they keep releasing new DLCs and expansions and the community of these games is huge!
    Frontier is just stubborn and they must deliver what modders can't! New mechanics for the game. Modding will kill PZ because Frontier doesn't know to play cinergically with modding.

I also prefer animals over scenery, but I like to build as well, so honestly I want an expansion pack 20euros animais + scenery + new mechanics!

PossumRoach, evilmonkey239 and Strix like this.
  10. Mickey

Mickey Well-Known Member

Honestly I like the new mechanics as part of free updates, but I agree I would be more keen on paying 20€ for a major DLC with more animals than 10€ for the same stuff

11. OkapiJohn

OkapiJohn Well-Known Member

Why pay 10€ when now you can get animals and scenery for free from the modding community?

Frontier must wake up

12. Mickey

Mickey Well-Known Member

Actually, the modding community deletes a mod once the animals in question come out

TNT likes this.
  13. Benosaurus

Benosaurus Well-Known Member 10+ year member

14. Daubentoniidae

Daubentoniidae Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Someone beat me to finishing making a recreation of London Zoo. Oh well, I was taking ages to make mine anyway. I might still try to finish mine eventually...

This looks pretty good though
    Steam Workshop::London Zoo 1985

15. David Matos Mendes

David Matos Mendes Well-Known Member

Could somebody help me with a little problem? I know this might not be the most adequate place, but after downloading some mods (I've been using mods in PZ for a while), I can no longer access my zoos that I've built so far, as they start loading and then the game crashes. I'm not having trouble in creating new maps though. Does anyone knows if there is a way to solve this, or at least why this is happening?

16. TNT

TNT Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I'd try and uninstall the mods, and see if that helps. Maybe you've downloaded the mods to the wrong folder by accident?

David Matos Mendes likes this.
  17. David Matos Mendes

As I still don't have the asian pack, I think having downloaded the kinkajou and ocelot (based on the binturong and clouded leopard respectively) might have glitched my game. A folder for the pack was someway created in my ovldata folder (content5) containing the animals of Southeast asia pack... I deleted it, uninstaled the game and instaled again, but it does not work... I tend to think it might only get restored if I get the asian pack... Not sure...

TNT likes this.
  18. HOMIN96

HOMIN96 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Yup, that might be it, it was a common problem in ZT2 as well.

David Matos Mendes and TNT like this.
  19. David Matos Mendes

Yes... I remember some glitches related to this in ZT2 too... Probably gonna have to wait until I get the asian pack to see my zoos again :D:D

20. Mickey

Mickey Well-Known Member

Planet Zoo and its respective DLCs are on sale now (The Deluxe Pack is 35% off, from Artic Pack to Australia Pack they're 30% off, Aquatic Pack is 20% off and the game itself is 50% off), The SEA animal pack is not on sale due to its recent release for anyone wondering