Join our zoo community

Planet Zoo Planet Zoo!

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by TNT, 24 Apr 2019.

1. Smaggledagle

Smaggledagle Well-Known Member

According to the YouTube description, locations will feature cities such as Venice and Amsterdam, as well as the winter markets in central Europe.

2. Maguari

Maguari Never could get the hang of Thursdays. 15+ year member Premium Member

Honestly a pretty perfect line up for a four+1 - certainly of the ones people were speculating these would've been my picks.

3. James Barber

James Barber Well-Known Member 15+ year member

A very good pack I must say but I would have liked the Wolverine over a Badger but that's my personal choice.

TNT and evilmonkey239 like this.
  4. Ztlabraptor211

Ztlabraptor211 Well-Known Member

I would’ve preferred the red deer and wolverine over the fallow deer and badger but overall I’m fairly happy. Deer and mustelid representation were pretty lacking and this opens the door for better modding in the future

TNT and Austin the Sengi like this.
  5. Maguari

Maguari Never could get the hang of Thursdays. 15+ year member Premium Member

Wolverine I would not have minded at all but it is circumpolar and the badger feels a bit more specifically European (or at least Eurasian), which I think is nice.

6. StellarChaser

StellarChaser Well-Known Member

I feel that the Frontier gonna make the Greater Asia pack rather than the Japan or Far East pack, b/c the scenery pieces of the Middle East, Mongolia and Himalayas are still absent, that Greater Asia pack might include one species from each of East, West, South, North Asia and Himalaya. Could be:
    Indian Cobra as exhibit species represents South Asia,
    Red crowned-crane, represents East Asia (or the Raccoon Dog, if Frontier really wants at least one carnivore)
    Przewalski's Horse, represents North Asia
    Dromedary, represents West Asia (Middle East)
    Yak, represents Himalaya

7. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

If we get an Asia pack, I'd like for it to be an animal pack with sloth bears, Amur leopards, Reeves's muntjacs, Przewalski's wild horse, siamang, Japanese serow, markhor, and South Chinese giant salamander or king cobra.

8. ParathePineapple

ParathePineapple Well-Known Member

Find a takin more of a likely choice instead of a yak and I highly doubt dromedaries would be added in a Asian pack along with two other ungulates, a better Middle East alternative would be something like a striped hyena or caracal.

9. PossumRoach

PossumRoach Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Since Frontier is out of continents, I wonder what will be their inspiration for a next pack (assuming that It will happen.)

Would Frontier even be able to come up with a theme pack considering that they covered almost the entire world when it comes to the geographic themes.

I only see a couple of animal packs before the game stops getting support. While the SA and aquatic pack did increase the number of south American enclosure animals (not including puma) to 7 (which is funny for the most biodiverse continent). Which is why I belive that we need more SA animals.

10. Great Argus

Great Argus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

It's largely confirmed that we're getting a total of 12 DLC, Europe i think is #8.

PossumRoach likes this.
  11. StellarChaser

The Frontier prefers the well-known species to exotic, that why the NA pack has American bullfrog as exhibit species rather than much more exotic Desert tortoise, San Francisco garter snake, Indigo snake, Texas blind salamander, etc. Yak and Dromedaries are the most popular and iconic animals in their regions. For my own preference, I definitively want to see Caracal or Sand cat rather than Dromedary.

12. StellarChaser

The Frontier still can have a Central America pack for the next DLC as a species pack, then the Greater Asia pack as the scenery pack. Additionally, the current Australian species are quite few, and species of New Zealand are absent. Maybe they can work on an Oceania pack next to the Greater Asia pack, as a species pack it gonna supplement more species of Australia and also add some New Zealand and New Guinea species.
    The Oceania pack may have:
    Tuatara (exhibit), North Island brown kiwi, Platypus, Tasmanian Devil, Wombat. I hope they can have Takahe, Matschie's tree kangaroo and Long-beaked echidna. But Frontier is more likely to make Emu, Wallaby and Brushtailed Possum.

13. PossumRoach

PossumRoach Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I promise you, that no Tom, Dick, or Stanley is familiar with Lehmann's poison frog, titan beetle, black gnu, and dall sheep

Wait wut? Like I understand that you are saying that the possum is more likely to be added than Takahe, Long-beaked echidna and Matschie's tree kangaroo (to be fair the ast of those three is more likelier than possum), but the brushtailed possum is basically the least known (globally) uncommonly-known common animal out there.

14. evilmonkey239

evilmonkey239 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

IMO, Greater Asia would work better as an animal pack. I feel like Asian scenery pieces are already well-covered with the East Asia and Indian building sets.

Azamat Shackleford and Mickey like this.
  15. StellarChaser

I initially think Africa and European scenery pieces are already well-covered but Africa and Europe DLC are still scenery pack, let alone the Middle East, Mongolian and Himalayas scenery pieces are lacking, that is why I worry that the Frontier gonna work Greater Asia a scenery pack. I do agree that a scenery pack with 4+1 species is definitively not enough to cover such diverse Asian species, but consider the fact that there are so many cool and iconic African species while the Africa pack still has 4+1 also.

16. Great Argus

Great Argus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

The 5 plus scenery hasn't worked well in terms of including species we would like to see. It's just too few. Capybara? Serval? Wallabies? Emu? Cobras? Pythons? Fish? We have what, 6 birds? It's not enough to properly fill the roster in my opinion.

17. StellarChaser

I agree, especially as you mention the Frontier will make 12 DLCs only, and we already have 8 right now. If the Frontier will provide flyer species, two DLCs are required at least, one is aimed to add the flying, landing, forage mechanics and aviary scenery pieces, another one would have more flyer species. Then we only get two DLCs for other themes, definitely can't satisfy the desirable roster.

18. evilmonkey239

Personally, I don’t feel like any of those themes are distinct enough from the existing Indian and East Asian to warrant being added to the game, so I doubt Frontier would do that. Meanwhile, the North African building theme is quite distinct from the village-themed “general” African one. Same seems to apply to the European theme that will be in the new pack when compared to the “Classic” theme in the base game.

Mickey likes this.
  19. StellarChaser

Although I feel the architecture of Himalayan civilizations (like Bhutan) is quite distinct due to the adaptation to cold, arid and high-altitude environment, you are right, the current scenery pieces could be good enough for us to build a Bhutan temple. Anyway, if the next DLC is Greater Asia theme, which is a species pack with 7+1 species, what species do you expect to have?

Last edited: 11 Dec 2021
    StoppableSan likes this.
  20. evilmonkey239

Some I’d like would be Amur leopard (currently the second-most requested animal to be added to the game, BTW), lar gibbon, Przewalski’s horse, blackbuck, Sichuan takin, red-crowned crane, markhor, and king cobra (especially since we’ve already got scenery pieces based on those in the game).

zoomaniac likes this.