Join our zoo community

Planet Zoo Planet Zoo!

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by TNT, 24 Apr 2019.

1. StellarChaser

StellarChaser Well-Known Member

The Frontier chose the species for North America pack which allowed them to make the US roadtrip, since every species relates to a specific place (ex, Oregon is "the Beaver State", American bullfrog is the state frog of Ohio). They probably will do the same way for the Greater Asia pack if this theme comes true. So they might come up a “roadtrip of Greater Asia”:

Dromedary -- Saudi Arabia
    Persian Leopard -- Iran
    Indian Cobra -- India
    Yak/Takin -- Bhutan (Yak is more iconic of Himalayas region and quite high demanded when I see the comments in INS, while Takin is the national animal of Bhutan, both can be possible)
    Golden Snubnosed Monkey/White-cheeked Gibbon -- China (GSM is one of the symbolic animals of China which status is second to Giant panda, while many people do request for gibbons)
    Przewalski's Horse -- Mongolia
    Wolverine -- Siberia
    Red-crowned Crane -- Japan

That is just my prediction of what the Frontier might do, but not what I expect the Frontier to do;) I personally also prefer Markhor over Dromedary, but I just feel the Frontier might get an animal representing the Middle East, and easy to make the rig.

2. James Barber

James Barber Well-Known Member 15+ year member

If the next DLC was to be Greater Asia, then I would choose:

- Amur Leopard
    - Pere David's Deer or Reeves Muntjac
    - Blackbuck
    - Lion-tailed Macaque
    - Yak or Markhor
    - Przewalski's Horse
    - Wolverine
    - King Cobra (exhibit)

It is likely that Planet Zoo are releasing only 4 more DLC's and there are so many species on my personal list that I would love to see make it including many species still from Africa, Asia, South America and Australia. A small Madagascar pack would be nice too.

Last edited: 12 Dec 2021
  3. StellarChaser

If the Frontier is going to make the flying birds, that might require at least 2 DLCs, one has fewer species, plus the mechanics of flying and landing, and scenery piece, enrichments for aviary, etc. Another one will focus on species. So 2 DLCs are for flying birds, one for Greater Asia.
    Someone above mentioned that the file contains the Capybara and Lord Howe Island Stick Insect, I guess that the last DLC might get the Rainforest theme, it gonna cover the rainforest worldwide rather than be restricted to a single continent. So It can have these two species, plus something else like Sloth, Gibbons, etc.

4. Great Argus

Great Argus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I doubt sloth will make it unfortunately. They would require a very specialized rig, though as we've seen Frontier likes reusing rigs rather than making new ones. So despite the sloth being a major league zoo animal, I don't expect to see them arrive sadly.

5. StellarChaser

I agree with you, especially most fans in INS are so easy to be satisfied, whatever species the Frontier makes can please them. So the Frontier has excuse to be lazy, resuing the existing rig can make players happy, why should I need extra work to build a new rig?

6. StellarChaser

Just saw some people requested for Sharks, Dolphins, Belugas under Planet Zoo official INS account, do you guys think it's good idea for this game to add Cetaceans? Since the PZ has been announced for 1 and half years, it really needs some new elements to maintain its popularity, like aquarium and aviary. Having these big sea animals may require fewer special mechanics than having small fishes and aviary birds. I also hear spoiler information about the decrypted files containing underwater log feeder and ball hoops for pools, so the future Marine DLC may have the mechanic of Dophin perform? That would be a controversial issue.

7. Great Argus

This is now in-game, for the beaver.

Personally I think they should add species like dolphins, sharks, Sea turtles, and manatees. They're extremely highly requested and common in captivity. This would probably require a few changes/additions to keeper mechanics, among other things, but I think those creatures will be sorely missed if not. (All four of the groups I named are available in mod form, including quite a number of dolphins and sharks especially. )

8. Jaydvk

Jaydvk New Member

Just a quick one. Considering buying Planet Zoo on the steam sale while it's so cheap but wanna be sure my laptop can handle it. It can handle Planet Coaster with little issue until the park starts to get very full, does this mean it'll be fine with Planet Zoo or are the specs higher at all?
    Cheers in advance

9. Matt_C

Matt_C Well-Known Member

You can limit the number of guests in planet zoo so you should be fine. There are also websites like 'Can I Run It' which you can find on Google and will check to see if your system matches requirements.

10. Leaf Productions

Leaf Productions Well-Known Member

11. BetoYoung

BetoYoung Well-Known Member

excellent work leaf, i'm a great fan of your videos. keep up with your awesome work in planet zoo.

12. StellarChaser

There is still no leopard yet, which way do you guys want the leopard to be designed:
    1. two subspecies
    2. one subspecies
    3. no subspecies, just leopard

Platypusboy likes this.
  13. Great Argus

One subspecies, Amur Leopard. That works well for both NA and Europe.

evilmonkey239, TNT and Platypusboy like this.
  14. Platypusboy

Platypusboy Well-Known Member

I agree with the one subspecies, Amur leopard.

15. James Barber

James Barber Well-Known Member 15+ year member

One subspecies, the Amur Leopard for me. It is the most popular on choice.

16. PossumRoach

PossumRoach Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Two subs because while Amur leopards are all over the western world, I believe that there should also be a leopard from an arid or tropical region.

zoomaniac likes this.
  17. zoomaniac

zoomaniac Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I've had the same thoughts. So what about Persian Leopard for 2nd? It comes from an arid region and looks very similar to many African Leopard subspecies (if one accept those as such), so it would fit also in an African, Indian or Near East habitat of Planetzoo.

As for tropical regions. Some zoos in Europe put Sri Lankan Leopards not only in "Tropical Asia" exhibits but also in "Tropical Africa" exhibits. Not my taste, but at least a solution...

18. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

African leopard

BetoYoung and PossumRoach like this.
  19. BetoYoung

BetoYoung Well-Known Member

this is one of the highly requested leopards, among the amur one.

20. StellarChaser

Looks like most people favorite Amur leopard, if the next DLC is truly the "Greater Asia pack", Amur leopard could have high possibility to be released.

Am I the only one that prefers not to make specific subspecies? IMO, since the number of species in Planet Zoo is so limited, I rather having just Tiger, Leopard, Brown Bear, so that more spaces can be used for other species like Ocelot, Pallas cat, Andean bear, etc.