Join our zoo community

Planet Zoo Planet Zoo!

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by TNT, 24 Apr 2019.

1. evilmonkey239

evilmonkey239 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Yes and no. I think we only need one subspecies in the game to represent a species, but I don’t have a problem with them being specifically labeled as such. In fact, that’s more realistic for the subspecies in the game; real accredited zoos will always tell you if you’re looking at a Siberian or a Bengal tiger, or a grizzly bear or a Himalayan brown bear, OR if they don’t know what the animal’s ancestry is, etc.

2. Fallax

Fallax Well-Known Member 5+ year member

How much more DLC is this game expected to get? I want an aviary pack as much as the next person but I can't help but feel like some major zoo animals are still missing... leopards are completely absent which I didn't realise until today and I'm really hoping for black rhinos too. I know mods exist but with official animals you are guaranteed more quality. I'd like to see more smaller mammals too (new world monkeys!).

Highly doubt we are getting fully aquatic animals though to be honest, especially cetaceans...

PossumRoach and JigerofLemuria like this.
  3. Rayane

Rayane Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Are you really guaranteed more quality with official animals?
    Lots of mods exists, some are not that great but many I’ve seen are at least as good as the official ones!

JigerofLemuria likes this.
  4. Great Argus

Great Argus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

We're supposed to be getting DLC through the end of 2022, we have three left I believe. I certainly agree there's plenty of species missing from the roster, lots of gaps still open. Leopard, capybara, ground birds, etc.

I'll vouch for mods as well, many of them are quite good and several have recently been remastered. I'm currently using quite a number of mods to fill in missing species.

5. David Matos Mendes

David Matos Mendes Well-Known Member

Has somebody already discovered any leak that may give us hints about next DLC's? Pretty curious and anxious to get my hands on a flying bird pack, actually.

6. StellarChaser

StellarChaser Well-Known Member

I don't have any leak, but I personally feel that the next DLC will be the Greater Asia pack, the species might have Indian Cobra (exhibit, rep India), Red-crowned Crane (rep Japan), Amur leopard (rep Siberia), Przewalski's horse (rep Mongolia), Dromedary (rep Middle East), Yak (rep Nepal), Markhor (rep Central Asia) and one primate (rep China, could be one of Northern white-cheeked gibbon or Golden snub-nosed monkey, most people would prefer Gibbon, but Gibbons require the swinging mechanics, as we know the Frontier is lazy, making Golden snub can save their work), that is just my prediction.

7. PossumRoach

PossumRoach Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I shouldn't be suggest or give aniy input for I don't have the game, however I have heard that mods have to be updated with every major update. So if I had the game, I’d hold back from getting mods until the devs stop updating the game for good.

8. Anteaterman

Anteaterman Well-Known Member 5+ year member

DLC will continue to be made until at least May 2023, as shown in this report by Frontier (look under "current trading and outlook"). We're at least getting 5 more if they stick to this plan, maybe 6.

9. Great Argus

Great Argus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

This is usually but not always true. Sometimes only a few break, sometimes none. Sometimes all. Just a matter of how interested you are in them.

Ooh, that's an extension if indeed true. It's a bit vague in comparison to the report I saw, but I'd really like to see more than three packs coming, more chance for more animals added.

10. JigerofLemuria

JigerofLemuria Well-Known Member 5+ year member

5 DLC packs would be absolutely amazing to have. Personally, I can live without aquarium animals in PZ (even though they would be nice to have, of course), but flying birds are an ABSOLUTE must.

11. Fallax

Fallax Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Thanks for the updates everyone, great to hear we have over a year's worth of DLC to go. Also I wasn't trying to slander mods, sorry if it came across that way... as a long time ZT2 player I know mods can be amazing quality but like I said it isn't always as much of a guarantee that it is with official animals.

Matt_C and JigerofLemuria like this.
  12. Antimony96

Antimony96 Well-Known Member

I think it'll be either Asia or a South America retread (call it Neotropical or Amazon?). People want the capybara, and if they can improve climbing mechanics it could include a sloth. If not, then there are at least other animals like the maned wolf, coati, rhea, etc.

13. Matt_C

Matt_C Well-Known Member

It's been really quite on PZ forums. Has anyone heard rumors of the next expansion pack? We're coming up on 3 months since Europe pack was released.

14. Leaf Productions

Leaf Productions Well-Known Member

Nothing as of yet. Should be seeing feature focus for next Tuesday, with the week after leading into animal reveals. Slated to be an Animal Pack.

15. JT

JT Well-Known Member

Is there a thread anywhere in which people assign each other challenges and ideas for planet zoo, or would this be straying too much into “fantasy zoos”?

TNT likes this.
  16. TNT

TNT Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Sounds fun! (And harmless) So I hope that it would be "allowed" on the forum, as it seems very little is these days.

17. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I wouldn't put it SpecZoo, if you kept it to this forum it would probably be fine I think.

TNT likes this.
  18. Matt_C

Matt_C Well-Known Member

19. OkapiFan

OkapiFan Well-Known Member

Frontier mentioned a special stream on Monday, so maybe around then?

Matt_C likes this.
  20. Matt_C

Matt_C Well-Known Member

Yeah hopefully. New bathing mechanic suggests to my Capybara are in one of the next two updates? May the one after this if they look to perfect the mechanic with the Macaques first?

Also free-roaming educators is a great idea. I get pretty bored setting up animal talks after two or three in a new zoo.