Join our zoo community

Planning trip to Norway

Discussion in 'Norway' started by Kakapo, 18 Feb 2023.

1. Kakapo

Kakapo Well-Known Member

Dear Zoochatters,
    From 16th July to 29th July I will be in Bergen (Norway). It looks like a zoo-devoided area but I see it have an aquarium. It's said in the net that is small and not worthy, but this is not said from the point of view of a species collector. I checked ZTL and it have HAGFISHES, being the only European zoo to have them. This alone would make worthy a visit, if the hagfishes are still here and viewable. But I will stay here many days so I want to see any reachable biodiversity collections of the zone. The city have a natural history museum dependant of the university. It also have a botanical garden. I don't know if the botanical garden is worthy from the point of view of a species collector. Looks like wildlife sights would be difficult without a car. Looks like will be too difficult and too expensive to do trips for see puffins or whales from here. And I had absolutely zero knowledge of Norway language.

Given all this, any resident or visitor of Bergen can give me any biodiversity-related tips? Maybe even a meeting could be possible...