Join our zoo community

Platypuses! Must be some chance?!

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Caesar, 7 Oct 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbnbsn99

jbnbsn99 Well-Known Member

TIME OUT

I've just re-read through the interchange between Wildzoo et al.

No one is antagonizing you wildzoo - including Chlidonias. What's going on is, you are presenting arguments based on opinion full of factual errors and logical fallacies (particularly, I found arguments from ignorance, false dichotomies, slippery slopes, etc.). When Chlidonias et al. pointed out these inconsistencies to you, you got defensive, and instead of listening to them, you started to yell louder. I sincerely hope you do not address all your arguments like this, for it will lead to bad things down the line by keeping such a closed mind.

If this futile argument continues, moderators will be forced to close this thread.

2. TheEthiopianWolf03

TheEthiopianWolf03 Well-Known Member

Sorry to bring up a dead thread but I’m really confused on @wildzoo arguments. Is he saying generic, captive wildlife should have a more focused program than animals in the wild or is he saying that pet owners are the key to species preservation?

3. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Regarding the pair of specimens coming to San Diego Zoo Safari park later this year, the page that contained info about them on the parks website has been taken down. I may be a little concerned that something went south with the plans, which I really shouldn't be but It's just a pessimistic tendency. Unless construction on the pond comes to an unlikely halt, all should hopefully go smoothly come this fall.

Last edited by a moderator: 22 Jun 2018
  4. Buldeo

Buldeo Well-Known Member

The Ops Manager overseeing Australia was still talking about a Fall arrival, probably October, and that they were working on some sort of behind-the-scenes encounter with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.