Join our zoo community

Pokemon Let's Go!

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by birdsandbats, 30 May 2018.

?

Do you like the concept idea(s) of "Pokemon: Let's Go!"?

Poll closed 17 Nov 2018.
  1. Yes, this will make Pokemon more popular.

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Yes, it will be more fun for me.

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. No, I think it will make Pokemon less popular.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I think it will make Pokemon less fun for me.

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. I don't care, I don't know anything about Pokemon.

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  6. Pokemon is stupid.

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. What is Pokemon?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

So, the next main series Pokemon game has been announced. It look's like a lot is changing. Personally, I don't like most of these changes. What do you think?

2. TheEthiopianWolf03

TheEthiopianWolf03 Well-Known Member

I heard it's just a spinoff that Pokemon fans can play while the next gen game comes out

marmolady likes this.
  3. Fallax

Fallax Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I will probably get it but hopefully Gen 8 is great. I couldn't get in to Gen 7 for some reason.

4. Coelacanth18

Coelacanth18 Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

I'm confused about how this is different than previous Pokemon games...

5. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Basically it takes the core RPG style games and adds elements from the mobile game Pokémon go (Such as the way you capture Pokémon and transfer between the two games).

I actually am looking forward this. Despite the mixed reception it got since it got leaked two weeks ago, I think most concern was dashed away (including my own) when it was confirmed that a "real" core game is coming next year. Besides that I still think it looks cool, and its a huge step up graphics wise.

Also I'm not sure if anybody here is a smash bros fan, but I hope someone wins EVO 2019 with that pokeball controller! :p

6. birdsandbats

Nintendo officially called it a "main series Pokemon RPG".

Have you played the other games?

7. pachyderm pro

Also I would like to add that I think this was actually a very smart move on their part. Take in that massive Pokémon go fanbase and get them interested in the main games, and give hardcore fans something to play while gen 8 comes next year. I also think this is what the series needs. Gen 7 (Particularly the "Ultra" versions) was beginning to make thing so complicated, with dimension shifting, "ultra beasts", Alolan forms, Z moves and a bunch of stuff that made it harder to really get into the game.

Anyways that's just a nerdy Nintendo fan blabbering about Pokémon on a zoo site, and if that isn't the nerdiest thing I just typed I don't know what is.

marmolady and Okapipako like this.
  8. birdsandbats

Keep in mind, the dimensions were referenced in several Pokemon games, with a conspiracy theory that Annabelle from SM is Zinnia's friend who disappeared into "another dimension" shortly before the events of USUM. There is also strong evidence that all the remake games happen in a different dimension than other core series games. If anything, Gen VII cleared things up. I was kind of hoping for a game later that takes place in Ultra Space, but sadly I don't think that's ever going to happen.

I understand this is a smart move for Game Freak, but GO isn't as popular as it used to be. This might be the worst time for Let's Go! to come out.

By the way, the nerdiest thing ever posted is probably Thylo talking about Marvel. Or, you know, that fact that the entire site is animal nerds.

9. Fallax

Actually they said the exact opposite and that the next core main series title after USUM will be in 2019...

Also I hate how much Gen 1 has been in everything for the past 5 years or so. It feels they are just trying to appease all the 'genwunners' and bring in some nostalgia but everyone is sick of it. They need to acknowledge the other generations.

Gen 4 remakes pls.

10. pachyderm pro

Yes.

Fallax likes this.
  11. Okapipako

Okapipako Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Technically it could be a main-line game I think? But probably more along the lines of ORAS or HeartGold/SoulSilver since it seems to be based specifically on Yellow. At any rate it's been confirmed Gen 8 proper is coming in 2019 so I'm not worried. (I was though until I found that out XD)

The Kanto pandering is pretty heavy, yeah, and definitely not to my tastes (I'd be pretty hype over Sinnoh remakes!). But there's a crowd for it - the tons of people who grew up on Gen 1 but lost interest beyond that, which also overlaps with much of Go's more casual audience. Like pachyderm said I think it's a smart business decision to entice people familiar with Go and the franchise's 90's boom but who haven't played a core Pokemon game since, effectively bringing them back into the main series. Focusing only on the Pokemon they'll be familiar with, but now in HD, is playing it safe but it'll no doubt work in attracting people and not overwhelming them with the 600+ Pokemon that have appeared since. Plus, it could revitalize interest in Go, although its connections to it may end up only being skin deep and not catching on as intended.

Speaking of Gen 7, it's actually what got me back into the series. Gen 5 couldn't keep my attention and I lost interest in the games, skipping out on Gen 6 entirely. Enough about SuMo caught my interest to incite a purchase and I LOVED it. I loved the setting, it was the first time I genuinely cared about the characters and story in a Pokemon game, I really appreciated the slight mix-ups to the formula (trials over gym leaders, among other things), and I thought the Alolan forms were a very fun and clever idea (although I didn't care for all of them... looksatpersian). I thought most of the new Pokemon were fantastic, though. Ribombee and Lurantis are among my new favorites. If Gen 8 is anything like it I'll be happy.

Last edited: 31 May 2018
    marmolady likes this.
  12. birdsandbats

I'm dumb. I meant ORAS, not USUM.
    The main thing I don't like about this game is that you don't battle the Pokemon before you catch them. I personally think it adds a little fun to the game.

Here is where Nintendo says it is a "core series Pokemon RPG":

I will like this game, however, if it adds Ultra Rowlet (if it does, this might become one of my favorites):

carl the birder likes this.
  13. birdsandbats

Maybe this will help people decide if they like it or not:

Wait... No held times or abilities!?

14. Killer Guppy

Killer Guppy Active Member

I like how you can play with your friends, its different, and I know you can kinda play with your friends on other pokemon games, but not like this! Been hoping for a multiplayer pokemon game.

15. Fallax

Honestly I don't want this anymore, no wild battles, no items, no abilities, what the heck is this?

16. Killer Guppy

Now I want to play it

17. Fallax

Are you referring to my reasons or no?

18. Killer Guppy

19. birdsandbats

It's worse than I thought!