Join our zoo community

Popcorn Park Zoo

Discussion in 'United States' started by AverageWalrus, 8 Sep 2014.

1. AverageWalrus

AverageWalrus Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever been to popcorn park zoo, it's located in the pine barrens in south New Jersey. It was created for the sole purpose of being a refuge for sick, elderly, Injured, abused, and abandoned animals, and as you may have guessed, they let you feed popcorn to certain animals ( always keep the popcorn in the palm of your hand, when I first went there, I learned the hard way by keeping it in between my index finger and thumb, and I got bit, take that term loosely, by an emu) anyways, it's a home to animals of all shapes and sizes, from your barnyard animals, to exotic things like lions, tigers, bears, crocodilians, and even binturongs.

2. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

This place is completly unknown to me but did you take pictures during you visit because I saw that in the Gallary there are no photos at all ! Maybe you can change that !

3. AverageWalrus

AverageWalrus Well-Known Member

I didn't take any pictures, but if I go there again I will try to take pictures

4. JVM

JVM Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I read a book about it as a kid and thought it sounded like an interesting place. Remember it opened up talking about a lion cub.